This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Nice work again Jas , love reading this thread when you update it .
    cheers man, its always good to see you saying what you do an dont like, given it the positives

Comment

• this butterfly spliced cue from pages 34/35 is ready
      57.2//29.5/15bp/17oz

and heres how it sounds on the table

its siffish responcive, slim taper, an feels lighter over the bridge hand with it being a 15"bp

Last edited by j6uk; 25 July 2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Is there any advantage with butterfly splice cue ?btw very good cue action.

Comment

• Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
          Is there any advantage with butterfly splice cue ?btw very good cue action.
          not found any avantages as yet..the cue actions like my back, uncomfortably rusty an in need of losts of oil/massaging

Comment

• pop into your local knocking shop, not only will they oil your back they might oil your stick as well

Comment

• something i may well of tried if i thought it would work
              Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              pop into your local knocking shop, not only will they oil your back they might oil your stick as well

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                pop into your local knocking shop, not only will they oil your back they might oil your stick as well
                Over here we call them a 'rub & tug'.
                The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• Purple Heart very under used in my opinion . Good looking cue nice proportions on the splice work as well , dont sell yourself short on your cue arm though . Have replied to P.M.

Comment

• This cue sings diff compared to other one ( from the first vid) !! Nice cb response and realy Nice looking shaft on this cue !! This video is actually a proof and shows us ,that a player does'nt need a heavy cue to get more CB response !! ( Unfortunately, many players do belive the opposite ) ,,,,,,
                    Last edited by Ramon; 27 July 2015, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• these club specials need ferrules an some fine work, otherwise there done

Comment

• the latest is this multi splice custom cue

23 inch double splice in merbau with walnut burl veneers an a blood wood front splice
                        Last edited by j6uk; 30 July 2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• How many hours a day are you putting aside for the cue work?
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• this was a former onterio pool cue. now its a 9mm an a hitter

Comment

• im trying to put in two hours a day, aplying myself the same way as when i was practicing on the table.. when i made my first cue that i thought was a nice player, the feeling was very much like having your first ton. since then iv been making cues that not only play well but look an feel pretty good too, so for me thats like when i made my first 130+ break

How many hours a day are you putting aside for the cue work?
                              Last edited by j6uk; 31 July 2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                im trying to put in two hours a day, aplying myself the same way as when i was practicing on the table.. when i made my first cue that i thought was a nice player, the feeling was very much like having your first ton. since then iv been making cues that not only play well but look an feel pretty good too, so for me thats like when i made my first 130+ break

I can imagine it will be an even bigger buzz if someone else makes a ton with a cue you made
                                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X