James Butters Laminated cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Where from mate, I'd have one straight away at that price.
    I have a spliced Butters laminated shaft which is very nice for a fair bit cheaper than that.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
      I don't understand the problem people have with buying from here. My experience with the seller, is that he is straightforward and helpful. If you have a problem, then ask. I won an auction for one of his cues, and subsequently went on to buy three others. You're not going to a shop with Mr. butters. He seems to sell what he has finished with, to people who really want them, at reasonable prices that he is happy with. What his criteria for selling and how his cues are badged are, I have absolutely no idea, but he was very helpful with me purchasing some cues to try with broad specs that suited me.

I absolutely guarantee that when buying a Butters cue from source it will be almost impossible to buy a better british hand made cue for less. What do you want him to do, beg you to buy one?
      I might contribute to that as I often buy in bulk from him. He is a super cue maker.

Comment

I'd like to add that Andy ( bigandyg ) probably knows more about James and his cuemaking than anyone else on here.

Being a cuemaker himself, he is also in a good position to judge, if not each cues playability ( that's an individual prefrence ), then the cue's build quality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
          I have a spliced Butters laminated shaft which is very nice for a fair bit cheaper than that.
          Already sourced a shaft from one of your countrymen mate!

Comment

Good glad you got fixed up.

Comment

I will be putting a laminated shaft that i bought off jim evans on ebay this weekend, it is part finisbed with a plain black ebony butt, perfect if you want a laminated shaft that can be altered to your own specs and finished by any maker you want! Ill post a link when on
              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                I might contribute to that as I often buy in bulk from him. He is a super cue maker.
                Yes. I have a thing for his stuff. I like his cosmetic designs, and I love the solid firm hitting quality a lot of his cues posses. Which is why, despite promising myself I wouldn't get any more, that I've just decided to buy my fifth (distinctly classic look....a gap in my butters collection).

Comment

Working...
                X