Table cloth selection..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
    At home. Can anyone say something about the wear on this cloth? I have it fitted now and plays stunning.
    Before i had a strachan 10 but after 3 months it was rubbish
    This is exactly what I found. On my home table I easily got 2yrs from a Precision cloth with little ironing and it was still playing amazingly well but wore a bit around the spots. The #10 I tried (it was a 'gently used' one from a TV tournament kept its speed for maybe 2-3 months and then was rubbish and it wore out faster than the Precision, possibly because I was shooting every shot harder and the spots wore out.

Right now I have a 6811 on my table however if the Precision was any less expensive (it costs around $1,000 incl tax here in Canada) I would have that on my table every time.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by northerner View Post
      I play regularly on both and I find the Hainsworth more responsive. Needs more ironing though or the fingerprints won't come out and it slows down.
      I've just had 2 Hainsworth Match cloths fitted and they are great for speed.
      Struggling to get finger marks out after brushing and ironing.
      The cloths are 2 days old. Looking to see what everyone else does on this cloth.
      Love the cloth though.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I am pleased to hear that you seem to have got the right cloth for your circumstances. I hope it holds up well over time.

One problem is that some newcomers seem to think that there is a single "best" cloth. Of course there isn't, any more than there is a single "best" car! What suits a busy club is not going to suit a top player accustomed to the highest speed. A cloth that performs well in a very dry environment might not be good where humidity is unavoidable high.

Why don't you put a note in your diary to let us know how it is going in a few months time?

Best wishes.
        王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
          I am pleased to hear that you seem to have got the right cloth for your circumstances. I hope it holds up well over time.

One problem is that some newcomers seem to think that there is a single "best" cloth. Of course there isn't, any more than there is a single "best" car! What suits a busy club is not going to suit a top player accustomed to the highest speed. A cloth that performs well in a very dry environment might not be good where humidity is unavoidable high.

Why don't you put a note in your diary to let us know how it is going in a few months time?

Best wishes.
          Hi Philip in China
          I wasn't sure if you were responding to my last post?

Maybe I didn't word it very well.

I am asking if finger marks are best removed by ironing or is there anything else that would help remove them that people have learned with this cloth (Hainsworth Match Cloth).

It may save me a little time trying to find the best way to remove them without trial and error.

Comment

Finger marks are where a players sweaty grubby hand rubs the fibres of the cloth in a direction other than it was made, these fibres need to be laid back to where they belong
            Brush to remove dust and start to lay the fibres in the right direction - finger marks can be removed by this alone.
            Napping block to lay the fibres in the right direction to a greater degree - more stubborn finger marks should be gone.
            Iron to fully lay flat and fix the fibres. Ironing wont remove finger marks, only lay them flat

and away you go
            Last edited by DeanH; 2 September 2017, 09:53 AM.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Finger marks are where a players sweaty grubby hand rubs the fibres of the cloth in a direction other than it was made, these fibres need to be laid back to where they belong
              Brush to remove dust and start to lay the fibres in the right direction - finger marks can be removed by this alone.
              Napping block to lay the fibres in the right direction to a greater degree - more stubborn finger marks should be gone.
              Iron to fully lay flat and fix the fibres. Ironing wont remove finger marks, only lay them flat

and away you go
              I guess this is what I'm getting at Dean.

Thursday - The cloth was fitted, brushed and ironed after fitting.
              Friday - Finger marks. I brushed the cloth (with the nap as usual), I then blocked it and then ironed it at the correct setting for the cloth.

When you go back to the baulk end and look down the table you can see all the finger marks as players push their fingers into the cloth. I have again brushed it and nothing has changed. Looking at the amount on both tables I'll be surprised if they are all grease marks from fingers as they aren't dark; they seem almost white.

I've not seen it like this before. I could try brushing with a harder brush but the cloth says not to. If it persists I'll use a harder brush but thought I'd come on here first.

Comment

From what I remember Shockerz, when our cloths were just fitted the marks were a lot harder to get out for the first few weeks, it felt as if the cloth came with a coating on it( starch maybe?) that made the nap a bit stiffer so harder to lie back down. I'm just guessing here.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  From what I remember Shockerz, when our cloths were just fitted the marks were a lot harder to get out for the first few weeks, it felt as if the cloth came with a coating on it( starch maybe?) that made the nap a bit stiffer so harder to lie back down. I'm just guessing here.
                  Yeah it could be, it's not a great issue just want to try and look after it as best as I can as they are a nice speed and that's been a problem for a while.

I'll just brush and iron for a while and see how it goes. I may then use a starch to see how it goes with the finger prints.

It's all good for the learning though.

I gave the fitter a hand and we did two cloths and two sets of Peradon Luminaires and I can tell you it's not easy work; had neck ache for 2 days!!

Comment

When I had the Precision on my table I don't remember seeing any fingermarks but I have had them with the 6811 I have on now. I think frequent blocking is the way to get rid of them as that's what I've had to do with my 6811.

I remember the Precision and it played beautifully but it was just so expensive but I've saved up a bit of money and will be going for it again next time.
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      When I had the Precision on my table I don't remember seeing any fingermarks but I have had them with the 6811 I have on now. I think frequent blocking is the way to get rid of them as that's what I've had to do with my 6811.

I remember the Precision and it played beautifully but it was just so expensive but I've saved up a bit of money and will be going for it again next time.
                      Brushed, blocked and ironed again today and no different, I guess I'll have to do it a few weeks to see if it gets better.

Comment

True Terry, but we are the best dressed athletes around. Lol
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Precision in clubs with slobby players (who dont have tablecleaning on their top of agendas) is a bad idea. The thinnest of naps + slobby cleaning, equals MASSIVE bounces after just 3-4 months. I also felt that the balls deflected quite a bit more on the cloth for some reason. I love their "Match" model though, alot infact. Nevertheless we opted for 6811 tournament 30oz this time, and after having ironed it down properly, the speed is almost up there with the "match" model from hainsworth. Its what you prefer i guess.

Comment

6811 is good. It lasts well too.
                            王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                              6811 is good. It lasts well too.
                              My Precision lasted a good 2 years and kept its speed although I did iron it infrequently as it got older. The #10 I tried was a disaster as it slowed right down after about 2 months and I could never get it up to speed again and wear spots around the black, pink and blue showed up quickly. The 6811 I have on now has kept its speed but is now worn out around the pockets and spots after about 2 years.
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                My Precision lasted a good 2 years and kept its speed although I did iron it infrequently as it got older. The #10 I tried was a disaster as it slowed right down after about 2 months and I could never get it up to speed again and wear spots around the black, pink and blue showed up quickly. The 6811 I have on now has kept its speed but is now worn out around the pockets and spots after about 2 years.
                                Idealy you should change the cloth every 12-14 months even if u are just one person playing on it. Many factors decide whether or not the cloth will last long. How much u sweat on your fingers, how well u polish the balls so they arent really filthy etc. Keeping the Precision for 2 years sounds like a nightmare... But then again my only experience with it has been in a club and 1 academy... and both cases looked horrid after a few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X