Talisman cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
    There is a cheaper laminated tip also made in Thailand, which has the same quality as Talisman. It is called Tan laminated tip. I made my order through Unclevit this month together with my new cue.
    For those who like to try out the multi-layered tip, i still have a surplus amount of tips from my previous order.

Will provide free postage if the amount is reasonable.
    Free feel to contact me willysellcue@yahoo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by willytan View Post
      For those who like to try out the multi-layered tip, i still have a surplus amount of tips from my previous order.

Will provide free postage if the amount is reasonable.
      Free feel to contact me willysellcue@yahoo.com
      can you post the pictures of the tip here so me and the others can have a look at it? thanks.
      My cueing sucks

Comment

• le professional vs talisman

Hello,

I use for some years the "le professional "tip wich is a verry hard one.
        The thing is you can play several months with the tip or just weeks it depends just of the quality.
        I want to chance cos when the tip is new it holds the chalk verry well but after some time they get shiny and loses grip.
        So I was thinking to try out the talisman but what should I take ??
        medium or hard ?
        I really cant play with tips that are to soft
        Just played with an "laperti - hard" ...OMG... really not my kinda tip.

Thx & greetz

Comment

• i just bought a talisman tip. can you please tell me how to put it on, if there are differences in putting on a talisman compared to a blue diamond or elk. by the way... i always retip my cues but im use to using blue diamonds. craig_stevens_36@hotmail.com

Comment

• read my tip guide mate.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by craigian View Post
              i just bought a talisman tip. can you please tell me how to put it on, if there are differences in putting on a talisman compared to a blue diamond or elk. by the way... i always retip my cues but im use to using blue diamonds. craig_stevens_36@hotmail.com
              I'd use glue if I were you mate!
              ADR's guide is excellent.
              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• I tried a Talisman a few weeks ago, and didn't enjoy it at all.

It was about 13mm when it arrived, but that's not a problem as I play with an overhang anyway, so just took it down as normal.

I played it at various levels of thickness.

At no time, from having a thick tip, right through to having sanded 50% off, did I get any feel from it, so off it came.

When I took it off, there was still loads left, so I thought I'd give it to my brother to try.

I normally take them off with a slight twist with a pair of pliers, rather than a blade, as I glue them in such a way as to be able to re-apply them until they sit perfectly.

This tore, and stretched out, and reminded me almost of cardboard. I have to say I wasn't the slightest bit impressed with the one I used. Like all tips, I suppose there is good and bad, but at £5 a time, I'm not inclined to use them again.

I'll often bin 2 out of every 3 tips I buy, as it's a particular feel I look for, and not every tip has it, but these are far too expensive to experiment with.

Comment

• 5 years this thread has been going now! - yes they are not easy to remove and refit but then no tip is really.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                    Can't they???

I'd beg to differ. Because someone is a professional at a sport, it doesn't mean they'll have all the answers about the equipment they use.

The thing is, tips are not the same for all players are they? We all know some like soft tips and some like hard tips, with many liking something in between.

A 'good' Elkmaster tip, bedded in properly before it's even stuck a ball can, and will, last for months, even used full time by someone playing every day.
                    The same tip will generate as much action one the white as 'ANY' other good tip..FACT.
                    At long last....... someone talking some common sense!
                    people are just being brainwashed into spending money, I mean come on...
                    £500+ for a cue......£6+ for a tip.
                    The biggest flaw in most peoples game (mine included) is human error
                    and lack of natural ability (which unfortunately money cannot buy)

Comment

• Well said Sir.
                      I also feel that it will be better to buy a single Talisman tip than to sift through dozens of Elks.
                      Financially it comes to the same and Practically, fitting on a good Talisman is way better than fitting & re-tipping several Elks.
                      I am not saying that Elks are bad. They are good. Even after i select a nice hard one from the box, they somehow seem to show signs of wear & tear quicker than the Talisman.
                      I also feel that the Elks need constant Re-Shaping & Roughing, whereas the Talisman S on my Parris cue does not need Re-Shaping at all, just some light scuffing every few weeks for efficient chalk retention is all that matters.

Comment

• Thought I'd chip!

Elks - tired of trying to find the good 3 in a box of 50. When you find one then great tip but constantly playing with it, scuffing etc to feel happy with it. Takes some playing in before you get a good feel and reaction; used to tap against the wall a few hundred times to speed the process up!

Talisman Soft Tip - Yes they feel like cutting wood when shaping but generally I just buy over-sized and cut edges to ferule size and then slowly and carefully take about 1/3 to 1/2 off the total height as they feel too wooden if you leave the full height on. Never really do anything to them after fitting and are ready to play the second they are fitted.

As regards reaction, I've got to say that if playing to an object ball some 7 or 8 feet away and trying to screw back I am shocked at the good reaction off the tip compared to other tips I have used. Yes it's all about technique but tip for tip I notice a difference in reaction. The tips do feel a little wooden though compared to elks.

Mike Wooldridge - Love the Mike Wooldridge tips as they are like an elk but play in almost straight away. They have a good feel and are easy to shape. Yes they are dearer than an elk but you don't have to sift for a good one as they are all good ones and they are cheaper than the talisman tips.

I have fitted some 40/50 tips for club players this year and since introducing the wooldridge tips I almost always the request have been for this one, probably 3 talisman (soft) and 1 elk. The guy with the elk said he couldn't get any screw on the tip to which I took his cue and screwed the ball the length of the table (he still had the elk!); the other guys won't change from talisman as they swear by their consistency.

I use a talisman soft 10mm on a 9.75mm ferule and cut down as you just put them on and play. they all seem the same so I don't have any psychological issues if I change and have a match straight away!

If you love elks, buy the wooldrige tip as they are like a good one and considering they are the price of a lager, what's the debate?
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• i tried talisman once couldn't get on with it found my potting improved but i couldnt control the white anymore i suspect it was a hard one at the time i didn't realise there were different hardnesses however recently i switched to a kamui black medium density found that to be fantastic only downside is it is more difficult to play masse type shots but it is superior in every other way however there wasn't much meat left on it and it came off on the weekend so i ordered an adr147 supersoft to try as i wanted to try a softer kamui but they seem unavailable in the uk and rediculously expensive with high postage charges on ebay so hoping the adr147 is quality as it seems to have some great reviews but the trick is to match the charecteristics of the tip with the charecteristics of the player

Comment

• Has anyone used Talisman's new Water Buffalo tips? These are layers of buffalo leather, similar to BDP material I'm guessing. So what's the point then? Superior consistency of leather layers so says the blurb.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              Has anyone used Talisman's new Water Buffalo tips? These are layers of buffalo leather, similar to BDP material I'm guessing. So what's the point then? Superior consistency of leather layers so says the blurb.
                              I tried this tip today. Felt confident from the very first shot and my game looked in better shape too. These Talisman wb tips are excellent. I think I found a new winner. These tips are definitely one of my favourites now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

I tried this tip today. Felt confident from the very first shot and my game looked in better shape too. These Talisman wb tips are excellent. I think I found a new winner. These tips are definitely one of my favourites now.
                                They do go shiny and very hard. Good though

Comment

Working...
                                X