No announcement yet.

Vintage hunt & O'byrne Black Plate Snooker cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance point is a shade over 18 inch. I'm learning.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
      How is my post disgraceful?

If you played at a decent level then why would you ask someone 'what are specs?' Be interesting to see pics of your cue, I'm sure it's not just my 'suspicious radar' that's going off............... If I'm completely wrong then welcome to the forum.
      You appear to have gone quite ?

Comment

Originally Posted by leesoraya View Post
        You appear to have gone quite ?
        Think you mean quiet? Not at all, I stand by what I stated: You don't seem to know too much about cues for a decent standard player. So you won't be trying to sell the cue on here then?

Comment

Think you mean quiet? Not at all, I stand by what I stated: You don't seem to know too much about cues for a decent standard player. So you won't be trying to sell the cue on here then?
          I've put the "specs" on now and the pictures that you seem to imply would not be forthcoming.

Are you going to be helpful now ??

Comment

I've put the "specs" on now and the pictures that you seem to imply would not be forthcoming.

Are you going to be helpful now ??
            Read your original post and you'll work out why I questioned you. Good luck with your sale.

Comment

Read your original post and you'll work out why I questioned you. Good luck with your sale.
              Friendly bunch on here, I thought Forums where supposed to be helpful.

It would be nice to know its value and if its worth selling, hence the post ?

Comment

The thread must be an old H & O , as most I've seen were a lot shorter and made by a guy called Mick Rees .

As for value ........£700-£1400 maybe more . Depends on interest from the Far East . Where I believe cues aren't reaching the prices they used to .

Best bet is to speak to ADR147 on here , he is a cue dealer and will be able to assist you if you want to sell it .

He sold Tony Meo's cue via me for £1300 a few years ago , but that was possibly one of the best as he only used it once and it was up in his loft for 20 yrs . Condition was A1 .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  The thread must be an old H & O , as most I've seen were a lot shorter and made by a guy called Mick Rees .

As for value ........£700-£1400 maybe more . Depends on interest from the Far East . Where I believe cues aren't reaching the prices they used to .

Best bet is to speak to ADR147 on here , he is a cue dealer and will be able to assist you if you want to sell it .

He sold Tony Meo's cue via me for £1300 a few years ago , but that was possibly one of the best as he only used it once and it was up in his loft for 20 yrs . Condition was A1 .
                  Wow as much as that, how old would you say? I remembered my Grandad spending a small fortune on it !!

Condition wise, its very very good, no marks, dings dents and its nice and straight, probably look like new with a clean and polish. Just the extension has a few marks that have been addressed with a bit of black paint.

Comment

Wow as much as that, how old would you say? I remembered my Grandad spending a small fortune on it !!

Condition wise, its very very good, no marks, dings dents and its nice and straight, probably look like new with a clean and polish. Just the extension has a few marks that have been addressed with a bit of black paint.

I would say 1985 ish ( you had it made for you around then according to your first post) hope this helps.
                    Last edited by Rob153; 26 July 2016, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Ignore the sniper. Welcome to the forum. Have you taken it to a club and had a play with it recently? I think you should, so you can have an idea of the 'hit'; how it feels when you strike the CB, what the feedback is like. Is the shaft stiff, semi-stiff or whippy when you play screw? You can use this info in the description of any sale, it may attract more interest. Am I trying to get you to play again? Nah, :biggrin-new:
                      Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 July 2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=neil taperell;896445]The thread must be an old H & O , as most I've seen were a lot shorter and made by a guy called Mick Rees .

Unless Neil the cue was an Aeon made Hunt and OB before the spiral joints. The joint in the pictures look similar to those used in the Aeon Pro-butt series.

Comment

Thought the Aeon was slightly different to this one , and didn't Aeon come some years after the date of this cue .

Comment

I have somewhere a Hunt and OB letter and photographs of cues and the joints used at the time. I think the letter is dated circa 86/87 and they had the stubby Ree's joints that you mentioned earlier. I think the thinner joints in the 3/4 cues were later on, perhaps coinciding with the Hunt adverts when they are advertising machine spliced/hand finished cues circa 1989 onwards. You are right the Aeon cues came after the 1985 date, which makes me think that this cue is maybe later than 1985. Not aware that Hunt used a thinner joint before 1985, but happy to learn something new.

Comment

Unusual for me to be right !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ebonynivory View Post
                                I have somewhere a Hunt and OB letter and photographs of cues and the joints used at the time. I think the letter is dated circa 86/87 and they had the stubby Ree's joints that you mentioned earlier. I think the thinner joints in the 3/4 cues were later on, perhaps coinciding with the Hunt adverts when they are advertising machine spliced/hand finished cues circa 1989 onwards. You are right the Aeon cues came after the 1985 date, which makes me think that this cue is maybe later than 1985. Not aware that Hunt used a thinner joint before 1985, but happy to learn something new.
                                WOW you seem to be very up to speed, can I ask what you think the value might be?

Comment

Working...
                                X