Vintage hunt & O'byrne Black Plate Snooker cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage hunt & O'byrne Black Plate Snooker cue

Hi, sorry its my first post on here, but I was a very good Snooker player back in the eighties.

I did in 1985 ish have a hunt & O'byrne Black plate cue made for me. I have had it ever since.

It's a 3 piece Cue, and has never needed a new ferral and is a 58 inch in length. It was at the time, weighted and made for me (think I copied a Pro at the time) but Can't remember the full specs, but i'm sure they would be easy to find the balance and weight.

I have been told these are quite collectible now, is this true, I will never play again properly, so its now wasted on me, as I have not played for at least 25 years and I doubt I could pot a Geranium now !!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

You really need to show some pics and get the specs listed
    Worth big money so don't let it go too cheap !
    Where abouts are you ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      You really need to show some pics and get the specs listed
      Worth big money so don't let it go too cheap !
      Where abouts are you ?
      Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm in Ashford Kent.

Worth big money you say ?

What are the Specs ?

Comment

You need to measure the tip diameter and get the weight of the cue, pics really are important.
        Money is all relative to specs and condition, but could be £750 plus easily

Comment

Stick the cue on the scales at your local Post Office and that will give you the weight. Probably be in grams but that will be fine. Need to get a loan of a digital micrometer (calipers) to measure the tip. Balance point you can do yourself easy enough.
          Last edited by Bigmeek; 26 July 2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Very good player?

1. It's Ferrule not Ferral.
            2. You ask JRC what are specs? Yet you quote in your first post ' I can't remember the full spec'

No doubt another veiled 'for sale' thread by a new member- bugs the crap out of me, rant over.

Comment

Start playing again. If you were a very good player it will soon come back to you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
                Very good player?

1. It's Ferrule not Ferral.
                2. You ask JRC what are specs? Yet you quote in your first post ' I can't remember the full spec'

No doubt another veiled 'for sale' thread by a new member- bugs the crap out of me, rant over.
                Yes I was actually, very well known in the Southeast, and new to this forum or not your post is disgraceful.

I have not picked this Cue up in over 25 years, and I have no interest in the game now.

I will post up the "Specs" now my memory has been enlightened !!

Comment

I think to sell on here now you need to use the classifieds section, it's one of the tabs at top of page. The only other way is to put on eBay and post the link in the eBay sales section. Hope that helps. Good luck with sale.

Comment

Originally Posted by leesoraya View Post
                    Yes I was actually, very well known in the Southeast, and new to this forum or not your post is disgraceful.

I have not picked this Cue up in over 25 years, and I have no interest in the game now.

I will post up the "Specs" now my memory has been enlightened !!
                    How is my post disgraceful?

If you played at a decent level then why would you ask someone 'what are specs?' Be interesting to see pics of your cue, I'm sure it's not just my 'suspicious radar' that's going off............... If I'm completely wrong then welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      I think to sell on here now you need to use the classifieds section, it's one of the tabs at top of page. The only other way is to put on eBay and post the link in the eBay sales section. Hope that helps. Good luck with sale.
                      Hi thanks for the info, took some photos, its as it came out the case, not cleaned and its not seen the light of day for the past 25 years.

Weight is 492 grams on my scales or thereabouts, If I recall the tip was just over 9.5 mm. The case is a Ray Readon Classic thingy, all I know is at the time you could drive a tractor over it and kept your Cue intact!!

Here are a few pictures. any help is appreciated. :snooker:

Comment

Edit:

It's a 9 mm Tip.

Comment

welcome to TSF
                          I would say give the game another go, you never know - but the I'm biased :wink:
                          is the badge print rubbed off? can you do a photo of the badge please

492g equates to 17.3oz
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

if you were a big enough name in the past mentioning this on the advert could bumph the price up a bit
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              welcome to TSF
                              I would say give the game another go, you never know - but the I'm biased :wink:
                              is the badge print rubbed off? can you do a photo of the badge please

492g equates to 17.3oz
                              The plate and all the engraving is all and nice and sharp, just not a lot of blackish print left.

I was sadly not a commercial name.

Comment

Working...
                              X