No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not see him winning the title anyway.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      Yes very angry,and needlessly aggressive. I think at one time or another I've rooted for most top players in a match or tournament, with him being the notable exception. And, before anyone says it, he was equally angry and aggressive before his health problems, so there's no excuse for it.
      Can’t stand Carter , his attitude and general table demeanour is appalling . I just pray that he doesn’t win the title .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Lisowski is getting a canning from the commentators but he deserves it

He plays with the maturity of an 8 year old. So much talent, so little match IQ

And age isn't an excuse, he's not that young. There have been tennis champions and olympic gold medal athletes under the age of 16

hitting frame balls at one million miles an hour, making the pot hundred times harder, no excuse for that kind of mental error

Jack lives off his incredible talent, but he won't get any further in the game without maturing fast

Comment

• Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
          You must be the forum comedian.
          One day you'll run the risk of being funny

So I placed a 1p coin under the cue ball and cued the cue ball aiming at a ball. The cue is covering the coin and also as I'm looking at the object ball I cannot see the coin.
          Better still, cover the whole table with coins, that way you won't have the hassle of placing and replacing them.

Comment

• Didn't catch all of the session, but the score is closer than I expected. I predicted a fairly comfortable Carter victory in this match, and it was probably the 'upset' I was most confident of in the first round. Jack can't be doing that badly at 5-4, unless Carter played equally badly?

That aside, Jack's had a pretty good season, up until the later rounds anyway, where he has imploded on occassion. He's been one of the most consistent, and has earned top 16 ranking on merit. He's 10 times the player he was a year or two ago. I think you're overly harsh on him. He's getting better, just might take him longer than some other players to cut out the silly mistakes and deal better with the nerves. I enjoy watching him when he plays well, and he's doing that more often than not.

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
              Better still, cover the whole table with coins, that way you won't have the hassle of placing and replacing them.
              Hahahahaha.

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                hitting frame balls at one million miles an hour, making the pot hundred times harder, no excuse for that kind of mental error
                Agreed. And I reckon he could give Ally a run for his money in the angry stakes.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  I'm just not getting the 'biggest shock in Crucible history' thing. Even some of the players when asked about the match are saying it wasn't that big of a shock.
                  I'm shocked you're not shocked.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                    Didn't catch all of the session, but the score is closer than I expected. I predicted a fairly comfortable Carter victory in this match, and it was probably the 'upset' I was most confident of in the first round. Jack can't be doing that badly at 5-4, unless Carter played equally badly?

That aside, Jack's had a pretty good season, up until the later rounds anyway, where he has imploded on occassion. He's been one of the most consistent, and has earned top 16 ranking on merit. He's 10 times the player he was a year or two ago. I think you're overly harsh on him. He's getting better, just might take him longer than some other players to cut out the silly mistakes and deal better with the nerves. I enjoy watching him when he plays well, and he's doing that more often than not.
                    Yeah, I'm with you. This was Wilson vs. Brecel aside the only other upset I was pretty confident in. But at the end of the session Lisowski's shot selection wasn't that terrible any more. He actually didn't go for a few idiotic shots I totally expected him to take

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      did you see the little piece where he has to name the best players etc, he named himself several times lol
                      The same is true for Neil Robertson also. Well, he has certainly more right to do so (I'd definitely also name him for long pot for example), but it still shows a lack of class.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
                        Is it my impression or there is a lot more space on the side of the table relative to last year? No-barge arrangements in place...
                        not to me, two bottles have already been knocked over
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          not to me, two bottles have already been knocked over
                          I saw ROS knocked one, who was the other?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                            If I'm not mistaken, one of the referees knocked one over. But I'll stand corrected...
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Not much room around the tables.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                                actually it was Cahill how knocked over ROS' bottle as he bent down to view what he had been left by ROS; ROS did a little hop/skip/jump to not get water on his shoes
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X