• Show
Clear All

• Oh ok. No morning sessions today BTW.

Comment

• yep, everyone has a lie-in
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
        I actually quite enjoy Peter’s commentary. His knowledge of the game and the tactical side of the game is fantastic. I think Peter is a better commentator and better to hear in commentary than it is to watch him playing.
        Ebdon seems to believe in the supernatural, his talk about cleaning the cue ball makes it throw wide is beyond belief, no wonder Robertson dropped liked a stone under his mentorship. Vegan good, Dr. Dave's quantam ramblings ridiculous.

It's all about the balls and what they're made of that has made this game the pot fest or kick fest that it's now become.
        One table is playing very poorly, bit like the ones we play on, the other is a dream. Anything that creates more resistance between those balls turns it into a kicks lottery, be it slightly loose cloth, moisture in the atmosphere, too much nap, the wrong chalk (that's open to question IMO), any reason other than the balls are crap is mentioned because Aramith has a monopoly and they (WPBSA) feel they have no choice.

Thing is that they do, they put it up for tender to find a decent material that doesn't act like Saluc's phenolic resin and then matches won't be won and lost on who gets a kick at a crucial moment as a lot of balls that are missed thick are the result of bad contacts.
        Un Nooh and Trump had a lot yesterday, as did O'Sullivan and Cahill, as did Selby and Zhao and all on the same table. Am I wrong but do all the players in one half play their matches on the same table ?
        If so it explains the poor standard in all those matches in that half so it needs some work done to it.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          He is a very angry man, very strange, and full of himself, almost embarrassingly so, did you see the little piece where he has to name the best players etc, he named himself several times lol
          Yes saw the little piece. He's has an overwhelming belief in himself which makes it look like conceited. One WC final and 3-4 of ranking events, hardly in the best players in the world.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            I saw ROS knocked one, who was the other?
            Gary Wilson as well IIRC.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
              Yes saw the little piece. He's has an overwhelming belief in himself which makes it look like conceited. One WC final and 3-4 of ranking events, hardly in the best players in the world.
              Two WC finals. :smile:

Comment

• Lisowski makes Brecel seem like a master tactician by comparison.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  Lisowski makes Brecel seem like a master tactician by comparison.
                  Too true.

3 players I love to watch but can be incredibly frustraing - Un-Nooh, Brecel and Lisowski. They play safety like club players, agh!

Comment

• Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                    Too true.

3 players I love to watch but can be incredibly frustraing - Un-Nooh, Brecel and Lisowski. They play safety like club players, agh!
                    It amazes me how some of these guys have so little tactical awareness after having played the game for so many years. I don't know if it's a lack of patience, or if they honestly believe that the best strategy is to just go for the pot. The gap between Lisowski and Carter when it comes to savvy match play is enormous. Over a best of 7 or 9 it's not as important, but over long matches like at the WC it's a huge factor.

Comment

Too true.

And that's exactly why they never will become World Champion.

Comment

• Personality wise I like Lisowski way more than Carter.
                        But from their style of play I prefer the latter one.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          Personality wise I like Lisowski way more than Carter.
                          But from their style of play I prefer the latter one.
                          I tend to get angry watching Carter be angry! I wonder if he's just trying to focus like Ebdon used to, but regardless, it is not easy to watch him for me....despite his quality play

Comment

I tend to get angry watching Carter be angry! I wonder if he's just trying to focus like Ebdon used to, but regardless, it is not easy to watch him for me....despite his quality play
                            Maybe he is annoyed by that stupid "his mates call him El Capitano" line in the introduction and it puts him in a bad mood. I know I couldn't stand being introduced in such an idiotic and cringeworthy manner. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Maybe he is annoyed by that stupid "his mates call him El Capitano" line in the introduction and it puts him in a bad mood. I know I couldn't stand being introduced in such an idiotic and cringeworthy manner. :wink:

I would understand this as well, but I'm afraid that I can't use it in Carter's defence, as he looked angry already years before...

Comment

• Lol, maybe.

He's been through much with his Crohn's disease which also often means steroid treatment which can also affect your mood. Or maybe he just takes it more seriously because he's had to miss many tournaments through illness previously. I guess he does what he feels he needs to - good on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X