No announcement yet.

taper or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't give any insight into cues, you would have to ask one of the many cue makers on here, those lads know their stuff.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hopefully one of the cue makers can advise me, but I reckon they would need to see the cue first.

Comment

Originally Posted by smythe View Post
        Hopefully one of the cue makers can advise me, but I reckon they would need to see the cue first.
        You could try this, ring Craftsmans Cues - 0113 286 5744.. ask for a guy called Dave, he is/was an excellent respected cue maker and knows his stuff.

Comment

Thanks Mikeyd100 it's great being part of this forum so many people willing to help out with advice and ideas

Comment

Thanks Mikeyd100 it's great being part of this forum so many people willing to help out with advice and ideas
            You are most welcome mate.
            Yep theres a lot of people willing to help here, plenty of good ideas and info.
            Good luck with the cue

PS.. if you do ring that number work on the idea that you may be bringing your cue down to him and just want his initial opinion.
            Sneaky I know but it gets you professional advice from a man who knows his stuff.... as well as ideas from people on this forum too.
            Last edited by mikeyd100; 6 February 2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Just my opinion but ..... It sounds like you just don't have any confidence in your cue . So if it were me I'd have it tapered a bit at a time and see if it starts playing the way I want it to . If it doesn't work and the cue ends up playing terrible I wouldn't care because I didn't have confidence in it in the first place .

So nothing to lose , everything to gain

Unless the cue is worth mucho £s. ....then I'd just sell it lol

Comment

I had a awful session last night with my new cue, even the simplest shot felt difficult.

So when I got home I weighed my old cue and it was just under 17 oz so I weighed my new cue and it was just under 18.5 oz (which I was told when I bought it should of been 18 oz)

So do think the weight and been stiffer is all playing a part in me not adjusting to my new cue.

May be if I'd tried it out first I wouldnt be in this mess, lesson learnt , my head hurts lol

Any ideas what to do

Ian

Comment

I had a awful session last night with my new cue, even the simplest shot felt difficult.

So when I got home I weighed my old cue and it was just under 17 oz so I weighed my new cue and it was just under 18.5 oz (which I was told when I bought it should of been 18 oz)

So do think the weight and been stiffer is all playing a part in me not adjusting to my new cue.

May be if I'd tried it out first I wouldnt be in this mess, lesson learnt , my head hurts lol

Any ideas what to do

Ian
                  That is quite a difference in weight so there is bound to be a difference in feel with the new cue.
                  Also adjusting to any new cue really will take some time.

You gotta ask yourself if you have the patience to get used to the cue.

I feel for you as been there also.

All else fails then you may have to sell it, start over.
                  Last edited by mikeyd100; 9 February 2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

So I've got 3 options

1) sell it or may be px it

2) get it altered and still be no good

3) stick with it, but like some people said you can tell almost straight away if you like the feel.

So I'm going to..........

Get rid it's doing my head in

Comment

Working...
                    X