Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting fed up of League Snooker in my area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Jedwick View Post
    Rugby and district league, 2 leagues of 8 but it's dwindling all the time
    take a look at Aldridge.leaguerepublic.com this league was down to 26 teams and no comps only a season ago have one league of 16 and try grow it does the league have a website ?? Need good cash pay outs and ring clubs up in area you have to drum up interest you don't get it automatically like years ago that's what I did had 25 percent increase in teams, sponsorship which didn't have for 10'years and the comps entries up 393 percent !!

Comment

Another reason for the demise of snooker leagues in my opinion is the introduction of the miss rule.Our league used to have 4 leagues ,now we only have one. Myself and a lot of other players stopped playing because of the arguments the rule caused .Very often misses were being called by a player who couldn't hold a cue but had been watching the snooker on the TV and a four cushion escape should be called a miss even if you miss it by a inch . I started playing again about 18 months ago for my club side and when we play matches the opposition captain is told that on our ref we will only call them when the object ball can be seen . As quite a sociable side , and not very good I may add ,generally the opposition don't call them either. A former professional in our league is in total agreement with our viewpoint on this and is trying to get the league to get rid of it altogether.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jason Shep View Post
        Another reason for the demise of snooker leagues in my opinion is the introduction of the miss rule.Our league used to have 4 leagues ,now we only have one. Myself and a lot of other players stopped playing because of the arguments the rule caused .Very often misses were being called by a player who couldn't hold a cue but had been watching the snooker on the TV and a four cushion escape should be called a miss even if you miss it by a inch . I started playing again about 18 months ago for my club side and when we play matches the opposition captain is told that on our ref we will only call them when the object ball can be seen . As quite a sociable side , and not very good I may add ,generally the opposition don't call them either. A former professional in our league is in total agreement with our viewpoint on this and is trying to get the league to get rid of it altogether.
        How come a lot of leagues which don't apply this miss rule are also seeing a decline in players and teams?
        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

For the clubs that use the high break boards to generate interest, how do you make them, in other words what types do you have?

I like the idea of it but want something that looks reasonable as the clubs just been decorated!
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Some great suggestions on here with a club leader board etc.
            One of our local leagues runs for about 7 months, teams of 4 play 1 frame against 3 different players, with handicaps ranging from -40 to +40, so capped. They adjust weekly, and a weekly results sheet is emailed out to everyone. If you don't have a previous years h/cap, you start on scratch. You quickly find your level. The finals is split into top 5 and bottom 5. Then a knockout. Weekly prize money for highest breaks, awarded at final presentation night.
            Been running for over 25 years now with little change and generally about 40 regular players and another 20 or so intermittent ones.
            The only change i'd make is as mentioned, the foul-miss.
            Lesser players can get put off by it, others can milk it for all it's worth. I'd like to see it changed to only a max of 3 can be called. You can't win a frame by milking 40 points off a fluked snooker, but it does make up and coming players at least try and work their way out of it, rather than having a lazy attempt and not thinking about it and learning.

Comment

[QUOTE=itsnoteasy;866067]That's a really good post Shockerz, there is one lad that basically runs the whole thing at our spot, there is a committee but they won't do anything unless it's something to do with them( ref on final nights things like that they don't even turn up to support anything in the club or play in any of the comps.) He wanted a break this year but no one would step up so he got stuck with running everything again, as you have said I dread to think what would happen if he packed it in.[this is the problem you normally get one or two idiots Who try spoil it for all I have this in one of the leagues I run, guy was a committee member totally lost his marbles had to get rid of him due to the fact he could not accept a committee voted 90 percent against him says it all really good job some of us administrators take no notice of people who have no clue about running a proper Sucessfull league ������

Comment

[QUOTE=tommo146;877836]
                Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                That's a really good post Shockerz, there is one lad that basically runs the whole thing at our spot, there is a committee but they won't do anything unless it's something to do with them( ref on final nights things like that they don't even turn up to support anything in the club or play in any of the comps.) He wanted a break this year but no one would step up so he got stuck with running everything again, as you have said I dread to think what would happen if he packed it in.[this is the problem you normally get one or two idiots Who try spoil it for all I have this in one of the leagues I run, guy was a committee member totally lost his marbles had to get rid of him due to the fact he could not accept a committee voted 90 percent against him says it all really good job some of us administrators take no notice of people who have no clue about running a proper Sucessfull league ������
                ��������������

Comment

[QUOTE=tommo146;877837]
                  Originally Posted by tommo146 View Post
                  ��������������
                  I know where you are coming from. TD an I took over our Provincial Association this season and put lots of hours into it and we averaged 10 players per qualifier and today was suppose to be our last qualifier and we ended cancelling it with only seven players registered. Very frustrating and sad for Canadian Snooker.
                  " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                  " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                  http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

[QUOTE=lesedwards;877838]
                    Originally Posted by tommo146 View Post

I know where you are coming from. TD an I took over our Provincial Association this season and put lots of hours into it and we averaged 10 players per qualifier and today was suppose to be our last qualifier and we ended cancelling it with only seven players registered. Very frustrating and sad for Canadian Snooker.
                    sad to hear running any league or event is hard work a lot take it for granted it moan when does not go all their own way when in my case trying to keep 200 blokes happy and got one guy trying to keep 3/4 blokes happy no sorry mate got to think about the whole league not just your own team some are just too wrapped up in their own world to realise !! Sad to hear your struggling and had to cancel

Comment

That's really sad Les, I remember how much work you both put in. Is it more popular in other regions of Canada or much the same all over?
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

That's really sad Les, I remember how much work you both put in. Is it more popular in other regions of Canada or much the same all over?
                        Ontario is the biggest province for Snooker. It has been a real struggle. I keep saying I have had enough let someone else try it but I will probably give it one more year.

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                          Ontario is the biggest province for Snooker. It has been a real struggle. I keep saying I have had enough let someone else try it but I will probably give it one more year.
                          dont give up try harder sometimes you have to you obviously keen don't let it beat you ,,

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                            Lol, you sound just like the lad who does our league, it's only because he loves the game that much that he keeps going.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Lol, you sound just like the lad who does our league, it's only because he loves the game that much that he keeps going.
                              Know that feeling ☺️☺️☺️☺️

Comment

You got that right. TD and I are determined to figure it out. We are both Snooker crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X