Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting fed up of League Snooker in my area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    You got that right. TD and I are determined to figure it out. We are both Snooker crazy.
    Sounds like you need a miracle Les if only 7 players entered.

Comment

This may be out of left field Les, but it may be worth while slashing the entry fees, you will take the risk the top boys might not enter but there is obviously not enough of them anyway to keep you going, and if it's cheap enough casual players might think it's worth a punt, they will know they aren't going to win but won't mind a few dollars for a few frames of snooker, that way you might just be able to grow it. I only suggest this as our club have really slashed prices and it's definitely picked up, there are always folk in now, before I could be in on a weekend and play for hours and not one other table would be on, when Byrom came through, I think we played from ten in the morning till seven at night on a Saturday and there was one other table on for about an hour in all that time.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Sounds like you need a miracle Les if only 7 players entered.
        Put you thinking caps on when you read this one.

Yea I know. The Problem we have is another guy started up these qualifiers for a big finish. Top 48 get in from Ontario and Quebec. $50 each and he only pays top two spots. You get 300 points for showing up and then 100 points for each frame you win. So basically the more you play the more points you get without winning. Right now to be in the top 48 you need 2500 points. So if you played in 9 qualifiers and lost every game you would still have 2700 points...LOL BUT you would have kicked in $450 to his pot, hey but now you would have a chance to go to the finals and win $10,000 where you would have to drive five hours spend money on gas, food and hotels for three days. yea right you have not won a frame yet. Does this make sense? Or you can pay $40.00 to play in our qualifiers where we pay out 90% of the money at every qualifier and you are awarded 1 point for showing up and one point for every frame one. The rankings determines who gets to play in the Canadians. We get seven players and his events are filled at every qualifier. Guys that normally would play with us are playing these instead and I guess have big dreams. Most of them are around 50 to 60th spot. Now can anyone make heads or tails out of this. I have personally sent emails out to some of our players and they won't even respond.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          This may be out of left field Les, but it may be worth while slashing the entry fees, you will take the risk the top boys might not enter but there is obviously not enough of them anyway to keep you going, and if it's cheap enough casual players might think it's worth a punt, they will know they aren't going to win but won't mind a few dollars for a few frames of snooker, that way you might just be able to grow it. I only suggest this as our club have really slashed prices and it's definitely picked up, there are always folk in now, before I could be in on a weekend and play for hours and not one other table would be on, when Byrom came through, I think we played from ten in the morning till seven at night on a Saturday and there was one other table on for about an hour in all that time.
          Ten in the morning till seven at night. I would pay someone to come play at my house for that many hours. I have played eight 3/5 matches this season since September. I am so frustrated and now our season is done.
          " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
          " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
          http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
            Ten in the morning till seven at night. I would pay someone to come play at my house for that many hours. I have played eight 3/5 matches this season since September. I am so frustrated and now our season is done.
            I know what you mean Les ,I hadn't actually played against anyone for three months untill Byrom came through, I think he only meant to come for a couple of hours but he really struggled to get out of the chain I had him locked in and nailed to the table
            I see from your post above you did try cheaper entry fees, I have no idea why folk are going to this other comp and not yours,it doesn't make sense, do you think they might be getting threatened that they won't be allowed back if they play in yours , it's strange they aren't answering emails.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X