Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    Without opening the link it has to be Loma
    Double world champ in four fights, stunning stuff. His footwork and movement is the best I have seen, and it's not at distance, he stays in the pocket and just takes a step to the side, lovely stuff. Can you think of what's basically a novice in the pro ranks( fantastic amateur record of course) that has been anywhere near his standard?
    No offence but AJ will never be one percent of the fighter this guy is, he's not fighting bums and has been as a career.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Double world champ in four fights, stunning stuff. His footwork and movement is the best I have seen, and it's not at distance, he stays in the pocket and just takes a step to the side, lovely stuff. Can you think of what's basically a novice in the pro ranks( fantastic amateur record of course) that has been anywhere near his standard?
      No offence but AJ will never be one percent of the fighter this guy is, he's not fighting bums and has been as a career.
      His ability to stay in range and not get hit whilst throwing power punches is a true thing of beauty, i thought he was the best fighter i had ever seen the second time i watched him, it will be interesting watching him move up the weights as he's not just looking to win a title but face the very best.
      Max Kellerman says it best when he says he's not just everyone's favourite fighter but everyone's favourite fighters favourite fighter
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• so what do you guys think - great fight eh?

Comment

• Truly awesome and he certainly had a good test.

As most things, the fruits of your labour are best when you have had to work for them.

One of the guys at the club said, well he did fight a has been old guy, what an idiot, two great fighters in my opinion and a re-match would draw a great deal of money.

Even the tweets afterwards showed a great respect between the two.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• I enjoyed the drama and Joshua showed great heart although his limitations were there for all to see, he needs to lose the muscles as he punched himself out in the fifth, Wlad should have had him out of there in the next, god knows how he couldn't do it as many a heavyweight would have finished him then and they'll all crawl out the woodwork wanting a go at him now.
            As for Wlad how the hell did he after fighting like a robot all his career suddenly aged 41 acquire movement like that??

Wibble

Comment

• halfway through the fight both fighters went into second wind, this is where all that training kicks in. and after the two went down and they went into the second half of the fight we could see ant talking to vlad as his old body was tiring.
              respect to ant though cus he went through it all under pressure. he scraped fort got knocked down and then started to box.. looking forwards to see how he will get on in america. they must let hm go cu the money will be irresistible.

but yeah if he went down closer to his natural body weight hed be awesome

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                but yeah if he went down closer to his natural body weight hed be awesome
                Yeah adding more speed and better cardio to that power would make him the sort of fighter to give his opponents nightmares

Wibble

Comment

Yeah adding more speed and better cardio to that power would make him the sort of fighter to give his opponents nightmares
                  He needs to bulk down a bit and I agree with the above because he is carrying too much muscle so he does gas easily. He needs to learn better head movement and footwork I think - He is so reliant on blasting the other guys out and the division is that weak and he has so much power he can do it whilst he is still young.

His major faults to work on are footwork and head movement. He leaves himself open a little to a hook as he comes forward in straight lines behind the jab. Wlad let him off - if he stomped on him when he had him down this was all over. Some interesting fights out there now - boxing is on the up.

Re-match with Wlad could go either way, Wilder hits from weird angles and has a fantastic hook which Josh is very open to so Wilder might KO him or be ko'd himself and Ortiz I think is a very dangerous next fight and a better boxer too if a little easier to hit - and a peak Tyson Fury would definitely outbox and outpoint him if he could get fit enough and stand up to his power in the early rounds which I doubt and I might be the only person who thinks this but styles make fights and I think David Haye though a little small does have the style, speed and the punch to beat AJ. Outside this there are others with less chance - lets go champ - (makes me laugh) and White, Parker and the up and coming dynamite Dubass is a good prospect I think.

I like what he AJ said after the fight that he needs to go back to gym and work on things - He realises he is not the finished article but his best attribute for me is that he does have a champions mindset. It will be interesting few years in Heavyweight boxing which needed someone like AJ to come along - Hopefully it will be back as a major sport with all these match ups... Be good to see who rises to the top.

Comment

• Eddie Hearne has already said he's only going to be fighting twice a year now so he's going to be protected, one thing I predict for Wilder is he's going to fight Brezeal and get knocked out sometime in the next 18 months, Brezeale will be a nice price as well

Wibble

Comment

• I agree he's excellent.

Comment

• Have to post this, not bad hand eye coordination here.
                        https://youtu.be/sgnH1-gLxfA

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          Have to post this, not bad hand eye coordination here.
                          https://youtu.be/sgnH1-gLxfA
                          There's talk of a possible Loma v Rigo in early December, either that or Loma faces Salido to avenge his loss, I'm praying it's Rigo because these are two of the most naturally talented fighters ever

Wibble

Comment

There's talk of a possible Loma v Rigo in early December, either that or Loma faces Salido to avenge his loss, I'm praying it's Rigo because these are two of the most naturally talented fighters ever
                            now that I agree with ..all this talk about Mayweather v CM ....but Rigo v Lomo is for me the fight of the century if it gets made.

Makes mayweather fight look like this in comparrison

Comment

• Crawford v Indongo is this weekend for all the trinkets, looking forward to this

Wibble

Comment

There has been a lot of talk about this I'm not so sure it will happen just yet, I hope it does, it will be like cleansing your palette after the FM vs CM degrading shambles.
                                Is the Crawford fight on box nation Geordie? I can't get sky box office now I've been blocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X