No announcement yet.

The next British Heavyweight World Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me why folk believe haye is a top heavyweight when he's fought absolutely no one worth mentioning at the weight?..

Oh, I nearly forgot , when he did step up and fight klitschko he couldn't get anywhere near him could he.. lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
      Can someone tell me why folk believe haye is a top heavyweight when he's fought absolutely no one worth mentioning at the weight?..

Oh, I nearly forgot , when he did step up and fight klitschko he couldn't get anywhere near him could he.. lol

Well he did beat that guy Jaws from the James Bond films and he scared the crap outta me

Comment

• Valuev was robbed that night, Haye didn't do nearly enough to win, i was shouting at the telly for him to actually do something but obviously i wasn't privvy to the information that the result had already been decided before the fight
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Haye didn't do much but Valuev did even less, any eye catching stuff was done by Haye, admittedly that was very limited, while it was close ,I feel most of the rounds could have gone either way and it was just one of those fights that was that bad any scorecard would have been fair.
          I give Haye a bit of credit as he's fighting way above his proper weight division, when I was a lad a division was around seven pound( I don't know if it's different now) Haye is fighting men who are naturally multiple stones heavier than him and that aint easy, just ask Amir Khan.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Haye didn't do much but Valuev did even less, any eye catching stuff was done by Haye, admittedly that was very limited, while it was close ,I feel most of the rounds could have gone either way and it was just one of those fights that was that bad any scorecard would have been fair.
            I give Haye a bit of credit as he's fighting way above his proper weight division, when I was a lad a division was around seven pound( I don't know if it's different now) Haye is fighting men who are naturally multiple stones heavier than him and that aint easy, just ask Amir Khan.
            Valuev was chasing him around the ring, it's up to the challenger to take the crown and if the idea was to run for twelve rounds then yeah he got it but it isn't so he should never have got that decision, boxing is bull**** these days and I'd rather watch MMA
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              Valuev was robbed that night, Haye didn't do nearly enough to win, i was shouting at the telly for him to actually do something but obviously i wasn't privvy to the information that the result had already been decided before the fight
              definitely don't want to get into any legal battles but..... yep!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                Valuev was chasing him around the ring, it's up to the challenger to take the crown and if the idea was to run for twelve rounds then yeah he got it but it isn't so he should never have got that decision, boxing is bull**** these days and I'd rather watch MMA
                Valuev had no business having the crown in the first place, having lost it to Chagaev and only got it back by the WBA duplicating the title and deciding to give one to him and one to Chagaev, then taking Chagaev's away because Don King. Haye's performance was lacklustre, but he was rattling shots off Valuev's head and body and then moving away - when Mayweather does it he's a genius, when Willie Pep "wins a round without throwing a punch" everyone says he's a legend.

"Hit, don't get hit" - if the other guy is too quick, use intelligence and movement to anticipate him and cut off the ring. If you can't, you lose.

Comment

• I thought last nights fighting was a sham really - Haye has no right to sell tickets to that the guy was a joke - did you see how the guy went down from that jab - I mean come on... ADR could have done better

His next fight 'lets go champ' a bit more interesting mind

Comment

• And now you see why he's seen as the biggest fraud in boxing. Between him and khan.. jeez..

Disgusting..

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                      And now you see why he's seen as the biggest fraud in boxing. Between him and khan.. jeez..

Disgusting..
                      Na how can you say that?

He just taking an easier route to a big payday - who would not? Still a bit of n embarrassment to boxing that show though I admit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        I thought last nights fighting was a sham really - Haye has no right to sell tickets to that the guy was a joke - did you see how the guy went down from that jab - I mean come on... ADR could have done better

His next fight 'lets go champ' a bit more interesting mind
                        Is ADR fighting Shannon Briggs
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Well, if you can respect him for that then that's up to you.. yeh, the casuals lapped it up...

He's a joke, see how chuffed he was to win. He should be embarrassed not chuffed..

Pffftttt...

Comment

• I don't respect him for doing it but he cant just jump in with AJ or Fury he has to improve his ranking and these last two guys did have long unbeaten records so guess that's why they credible-ish?

But yeah as boxing events go 16 thousand in the O2 did not really get value for money. He did what he needed to and credit to Haye for giving 10 per cent of his earnings to Blackwell but yeah shocking opponent and maybe its just that there aint that many good heavyweight fighters out there anymore to justify four divisions?

Comment

• It speaks volumes about him bud..

He never even tried to make it last, it's all about him see. No care about giving the crowd anything in any of the fights, Last night showed him to be everything he exactly is.

I'm disgusted. It's not on....

Comment

• Anyway...

Did anyone flick over and watch Parker v takam last night?

It wasnt bad, not bad at al. :boxing:

What made me laugh though is Parker coming in with no less than 6 belts... they just hand belts out for every fight I think these days.. lol

It's good stuff, I haven't seen the hw division buzzing so much for many many years....

Comment

Working...
                                X