No announcement yet.

This cue making lark ain't easy - my attempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the one on the left Adam looks ace... you becoming the new Trevor White.

Are you thinking of making this your main thing in future?

Or still a hobbyist ...

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
      It varies depending on shaft density, what wood you use for the butt and also the taper. Can be as low as 13.5oz generally though 14.5-15.5oz
      Thanks Rogi, that surprises me a little bit, I was just curious roughly how much weight is added to a cue.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Like the one on the left Adam looks ace... you becoming the new Trevor White.

Are you thinking of making this your main thing in future?

Or still a hobbyist ...
        Thanks Byrom!, err don't think I'm Trevor White yet haha, he has a few more years and cues under the belt

Well I don't have any intentions to go full time. Just started my career and have studied hard to get where I am currently. I'll certainly carry on with this as a hobby as and when I can, but I'd like to retire early and this could be a potential option then.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
          It varies depending on shaft density, what wood you use for the butt and also the taper. Can be as low as 13.5oz generally though 14.5-15.5oz
          I believe with wide butts (say 33-34mm) with fat shafts, the cue can be unweighted and still reach 16-17oz. But these are rare. :biggrin-new:

Comment

• This cue making lark ain't easy - my attempts

. .. . and not something that would make you change your specs for.
            if you play with a 29mm butt for example, would you change to a 33mm butt just to have a cue with no weight added to it ???
            sounds like more verbal dribbling to add to the post count.

Comment

• I could be wrong but I'm sure Jim Evans ( Jaws Cues) made an unweighted cue around 18 Oz , can't remember how but really long splices comes to mind.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                I could be wrong but I'm sure Jim Evans ( Jaws Cues) made an unweighted cue around 18 Oz , can't remember how but really long splices comes to mind.
                I can believe that. With high quality, dense ebony, yarp. Mine at 34mm with a fat taper shaft is bang on 17oz, unweighted. One for the purists who want the most natural hit and feel from Angel ash, African ebony and nothing else. Hang on, that's why the cue is called Purist! :biggrin-new:

Jim is a fine cue maker. Jawes are great value cues given the work in em.
                Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 August 2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Batch of cues, now weighted and finished.

Comment

• Very nice Adam love no 20 cue
                    Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Very nice work Adam.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Quality finish and splicing. Figured burl looks a cracker.

Comment

• Number 17 looks amazing. Great work!

Comment

• Thanks very much for the comments guys. Moved to France last weekend so won't see any updates on here for quite a while. but I did pick up some lovely timber just before I left. huge slab of camphor burl, some brazilian tupliwood to do some full butts and this for a customer, requested a full pink ivory butt, touch over 22 " long and superb colour.

Comment

• Haven't update for a while on here as I haven't had much chance to do some cue work over the last 6 months. I'm moving back to the UK in 2 weeks time so will crack on again. I won't post all my updates on here anymore as I've created a facebook page now Adam Rogo Cues so give it a like and watch the updates come through. I've been picking up some nice and interesting timbers in the last 6 months to use

Comment

• Hello again, it feels like an age since I've been on here. Not sure what triggered me to come on to be honest as I've not posted for a good while. My god has the forum layout changed! Hope everyone is staying safe during this unusual time.

I've still been plodding along making a few cues here and there when I could. I've tried to make use of some of my free time during lockdown to make a few interesting designs and to catch up with orders. Still enjoying and learning with each cue. Hopefully most of you have seen my updates on facebook https://www.facebook.com/AdamRogoCues/ but if not heres a few i have done in the last year or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X