• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really nice work!! Look fantastic!
    Well done Adam!

Comment

• Thanks Jus,

Found some nice boards at the yard last time I went. Still have a dozen or so shafts coming through which are looking good also.

Comment

• Any plans for more snakewood butted cues? I'll start a collection.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          Any plans for more snakewood butted cues? I'll start a collection.
          Haha, no plans at the minute might do some more in the future though

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Any plans for more snakewood butted cues? I'll start a collection.
            You enjoying my old one ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              You enjoying my old one ?
              Yep still working nicely! Surprised you let that one go.. it's those old one getting addictive, I'd still love to find my old MW cue you had off me, that was a belter of a pool cue.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Couple more cues just finished today. Need weighting and butt joint fitting.

First connoisseur style with ebony maple and amboyna. And my favour ire style thick curly maple and amboyna front splice.

Comment

• Great work Adam, you got the splice work down to a fine art now. Everyone you make looks amazing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                    Great work Adam, you got the splice work down to a fine art now. Everyone you make looks amazing.
                    Thanks Mark, yep seem to be getting the splicing now. Have found my way for that so to speak, and it seems to be consistent

Comment

• I really like the one on the left! Both look great!

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                        Couple more cues just finished today. Need weighting and butt joint fitting.

First connoisseur style with ebony maple and amboyna. And my favour ire style thick curly maple and amboyna front splice.

Distinctive cornered butt ends and a shaft square; no butt socket to ruin the feel. Just as a cue should be, a shaft from tip to tail with feel. Chevrons look sweet. J6, you got comp man. VMax: give up son.

Adz, do you find you only use a small percentage, say 5% of the boards you select, for actual shafts? I heard that great cue makers find it very difficult to get A*A*A*A*A* KD ash.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                          Adz, do you find you only use a small percentage, say 5% of the boards you select, for actual shafts? I heard that great cue makers find it very difficult to get A*A*A*A*A* KD ash.
                          Hmm, don't think its that low of a percentage. maybe 1or2 in 5 on average are good. I'm fortunate in that I get on very well with my ash supplier. I went to school with his son for over 10 years and we were good friends. I don't go there that often so he holds back a few planks every shipment that he thinks I may like so effectively i'm looking through an already pre-sorted pile and take what i think is the best from there.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                            Distinctive cornered butt ends and a shaft square; no butt socket to ruin the feel. Just as a cue should be, a shaft from tip to tail with feel. Chevrons look sweet. J6, you got comp man. VMax: give up son.

If you read it properly it says butt joints still to add

Comment

• What do they come out pre weighting Rogi, around 15 1/2 Oz?
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                What do they come out pre weighting Rogi, around 15 1/2 Oz?
                                It varies depending on shaft density, what wood you use for the butt and also the taper. Can be as low as 13.5oz generally though 14.5-15.5oz

Comment

Working...
                                X