Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jason, I have always wondered how you manage to "unsplice" a cue, eg when you need to replace it because it is to short or because splices are worn out? How dod you do not to damage the cue? Could you film that operation one day?
    Cheers!

And keep up the good work, the quality of your cues is really impressive !
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• generally i would just re-splice. you got a pic of a problem?

Comment

• No, not at all, was more of a general question. Was curious of how you proceed, technically, when replacing a splice. I though you were removing it completly.
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• i have prized off a front splice and replaced it, but a bit risky trying to do it on a full-splice. all depends on the cue and its issue

Comment

• I guess the main risk here would be to tear the wood down as everything is glued together, right?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
              I guess the main risk here would be to tear the wood down as everything is glued together, right?
              yeah from what you describe its just easier to resplice, then your bypassing creating another problem

Comment

• I always wondered the same type of thing, is it possible if you have a one piece cue say in full spliced rosewood, can you get that respliced to full ebony, or is that not possible?
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  I always wondered the same type of thing, is it possible if you have a one piece cue say in full spliced rosewood, can you get that respliced to full ebony, or is that not possible?
                  Just plane the splices off and replace with ebony.

Comment

• iv done a few re-splices, and ts not fun. id rather make another cue from scratch that go over other peoples work.time wasted cutting out lumps bumps that others aint bothered with, could almost cut a knew shaft in the same time

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      should have this ebony maple on the table in a couple of days

Not a fan of maple but it looks a nice solid hitter
                      Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• shaftwork

something that is constant is shaft prepping

x4 stages

and down to oversize

Comment

• Is that difficult to make a round butt cue compare to other chamfer butt

Comment

• Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
                            Is that difficult to make a round butt cue compare to other chamfer butt
                            The reason I'm ask is because one of the uk cue maker ask for 25gbp more for a round butt cue. I'm not asking for less but 25gbp for a round butt cue is just feel unfair and **** me off.

Comment

• Great looking shafts. Keep up the good work mate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
                                Is that difficult to make a round butt cue compare to other chamfer butt
                                no, they all start off round

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
                                Great looking shafts. Keep up the good work mate.
                                thanks, now the fine work begins.. should be cutting one of these into a hitter over the next few weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X