X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Comes with the cue cost I guess.

Greater the cost, greater the care. There's a novel thought.
    Every Parris and MW cue must come with a lifetime personal carer then. To a point I agree with you. I think that point is about 3-500 sovs.

Comment

• so heres the weight holes, and there were maybe two weighted properly

and one without lacquer

Comment

• How can they get the holes so off centre tho ?? looks like they didn't even attempt it !!

Comment

• suspect hand drill. the two that were center were the most used looking by the wear on the butts.
          good news is is that there now in my hands, and most of the shafts are up there with some of the best iv seen. be tucking into a few in a couple of cues time..

Comment

• Wow. How many chevrons does that shaft have!

I take it they're still pretty straight (probably a stupid question), just nice to find redundant wood that you can give a lease of life to.

What a waste of good wood in it's last life...
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• just put an hour in, an move one of nine on to the next stage

Comment

• Short ferule on that eh J6. Is shorter / smaller better in your opinion ?

Comment

• just out of interest Jason,
                  do you sand the lacquer off first, or you just start planing straight away

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                    Short ferule on that eh J6. Is shorter / smaller better in your opinion ?
                    i like the look of the longer ferrule but im finding more consistency on the hit with the shorter ones say 6mm depth

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                    just out of interest Jason,
                    do you sand the lacquer off first, or you just start planing straight away
                    with these vintage shafts i sanded them a bit then used wire wool with paint stripper. but iv tried it every way, now i like to get to the wood before touching it with a hand plane

-
                    Last edited by j6uk; 29 August 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• heres the contrast before and after removing the varnish, putting on the ferrule, and fine detailed planing

one shaft butt didnt need any attention so i went straight to splicing.
                      cutting in he weight before the first two slices go on

Comment

• Amazing differences in the before and after shafts. I took some old rests similar to that recently and removed the lacquer and oiled them instead.

They looked 10 times better.

Interesting way you've done the weight there, do you now just fill the gaps with glue? Do you find this s better method than just drilling a few holes and hitting lead slugs in?

Comment

Amazing differences in the before and after shafts. I took some old rests similar to that recently and removed the lacquer and oiled them instead.

They looked 10 times better.

Interesting way you've done the weight there, do you now just fill the gaps with glue? Do you find this s better method than just drilling a few holes and hitting lead slugs in?
                          yeah using a nice looking clean rest with a proper head on it makes a rest-shot a pleasure to play..

iv not yet tried this with lead, but i dont like the idea of planing through lead so,. i think this way gives more control of getting it center

Comment

• Well that's a new method as far as I know. I wonder what other methods there are to achieve the same result, makes you wonder what else is out there.

Comment

Well that's a new method as far as I know. I wonder what other methods there are to achieve the same result, makes you wonder what else is out there.
                              im approaching this the same way as playing, just keeping it simple

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                im approaching this the same way as playing, just keeping it simple
                                Can't argue with that train of thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X