This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Well that's a new method as far as I know. I wonder what other methods there are to achieve the same result, makes you wonder what else is out there.
    CNC machines? :biggrin-new: J is doing it how I did on one cue. Berth it, don't drill it up the butt. I like this slotty method.

Comment

• Forgive me for what must be a really dumb question Jason but always wondered what was that green stuff you have on shafts when working on them. Never seen it elsewhere....
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
        Forgive me for what must be a really dumb question Jason but always wondered what was that green stuff you have on shafts when working on them. Never seen it elsewhere....
        your not the first to ask, but its just spray paint. i use it a guide for splicing

Comment

• Thanks a lot!
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Congrats by the way, 100+ pages, still going strong and keeping folk interested

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              Congrats by the way, 100+ pages, still going strong and keeping folk interested
              i like to think im improving page by page, as im well into the plot now. might have to end this story on a max

-

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                i like to think im improving page by page, as im well into the plot now. might have to end this story on a max-
                Yes there has been significant improvements, I remember reading the first few pages back in the days
                What a way to end it.... maxiii !!!

Comment

Yes there has been significant improvements, I remember reading the first few pages back in the days
                  Defo, page 147, great idea J6. Then you can open a new thread; Chapter 2.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                    Defo, page 147, great idea J6. Then you can open a new thread; Chapter 2.

every cue has a story, some more interesting that others.

this one is intriguing with character, should have this down by the weekend

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      every cue has a story, some more interesting that others.

this one is intriguing with character, should have this down by the weekend
                      in what way intriguing?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• grain pattern, wood density and vibe. if it looks feels plays the way i think it will then i'll cut a front splice in

Comment

• look forward to the end result and the review
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• few more pics then i will work it down to its final cut..
                            installed an old ferrule and worked the butt to remove all the flats

Comment

I think the way to end should be with a J6UK badge on those cues!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post
                                I think the way to end should be with a J6UK badge on those cues!
                                The previous 200 customers are gonna love that. Just wait for all the badge request J. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X