Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting discussion Coutts cue for Ding Junhui!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    this happens in all walks of life. try getting a table in the ivy then try again if you are johnny depp !!
    Yep That's a valid point

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      If Dave coutts didn't need Ding then why was he prepared to shove the rest of the riff raff at the back of the order book queue when it clearly says on his website that waiting times are 2 1/2 years and not taking orders at the moment.
      I said before as soon as a cuemaker get a better offer come along the general hard working customer get pushed out of the way
      Well, I think this is another issue, then a cue with no badge on it !! . anyway ( I say something about this, hope you don't mind,,, )
      As you have already mentioned. When a pro plays with a cue range,, commercialy is important for the cue maker. ( agree 100 pct )
      The reason he accepts the order by a pro is because he pays more.
      You have to see it this way . He makes a cue for a pro. after that he can make a thousands of pounds more mony. (more publicity/ more work/ and more money).
      Do you think if you send him a mail and offer him a 10000 pounds for a cue, that he does'nt accept your order???
      And you have this in every business ( not only cue business).
      If you want to fly with a particular airline. They Have two groups. Economy class and business class!!! Trust me people who fly business class check out with having no waiting time !!! OR less !!!!. Because what they're saying is, we pay more, so we want no waiting time.
      Whether that is fair or not, everyone has their own opinion about that. According to some well ... and according to some not!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        .... The reason he accepts the order by a pro is because he pays more....
        Are you just making this up as you go along lol

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
          or indeed i may have a different view than you
          Absolutely,, no doubt about it. Let me get this straight,, I have all the respect for your opinion, even if I don't agree with you !!!
          As for your question, MW.
          Believe me, Mike has enough money for the rest of his life. He dos'nt have make cues anymore to live. But he does !!! good for the snooker players, btw.
          Would be a shame if one of the greatst cue makers in the world, stops with his work.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Are you just making this up as you go along lol
            Always !!!!

Comment

In a sort of related way does anyone know whats going on with Neil Robertsons cue? I see on the Parris website he says he has had his Parris cue for 13 years but in watching him play recently in the Champion of Champions I could not see a badge on the butt of his cue at all.

Cheers

David

Comment

Neil had the cue lengthened by some guy in Oz I think so splices added - its just a Parris classic I think with splices added

Comment

Cheers Byrom

I wasnt sure what was going on (apart from suspecting I should have gone to Specsavers!).

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    Neil had the cue lengthened by some guy in Oz I think so splices added - its just a Parris classic I think with splices added
                    Peter Hanley I believe.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      Peter Hanley I believe.
                      Does he still work on/make cues? His website seems dead.
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                        Does he still work on/make cues? His website seems dead.
                        no idea, didn't know he had a website
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X