No announcement yet.

Buying a new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree but you give them your cue,I'll give them mine - they'll still be awesome. It's not the cue.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Buying a new cue

No I agree. But for those of us not at that level having the right cue for each can help. It's all in your head though most important aspect is playing with that cue for a decent amount of time.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
        I agree but you give them your cue,I'll give them mine - they'll still be awesome. It's not the cue.
        Actually a few players who play both snooker and pool do like to use a different cue for pool for a few reasons - tip size and weight maybe length too. I think if I played it again I would too - although you can use a snooker cue I think because of the size of the white a smaller tip size is preferred for all the side and stuff to be a bit more pin point and a lighter weight maybe. Same for 9 ball - larger ball larger size larger weight. or snooker -

Using the same cue is ok if you already use 9 mil or something at snooker and if you only messing around in a pub league but say you are county level or play in events and all that or are at a higher level then you need the right equipment for the right game - Selby, Melling and co use a diff cue for each sport.

Comment

hey guys thank you all for your great suggestions the only trouble i face right now is that im working with a budget of between 150-200 with christmas coming up so even more stuck any suggestions ?

Comment

Well don't know how much it will go up but I had a look on ebay for you and this ain't a bad price right now for a pool spec.
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2216106627...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Buying a new cue

I have two brand new Ton Praram cues in pool spec on their way to me.

One in ash and one in maple both 57" 8.5mm 17oz 29mm butt - handspliced ebony butt, maple veneer and rosewood front splice. These would be £155 delivered in the UK
              On Cue Facebook Page
              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Are these the ones you pm'd me stupree ?

Comment

Buying a new cue

Yes, same ones
                  On Cue Facebook Page
                  Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                  Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Nice looking cues and I would of bought one if they we're 3/4

Comment

Thinking about getting the dunns judd trump replica any one with experience with dunns cues ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post
                        Thinking about getting the dunns judd trump replica any one with experience with dunns cues ?
                        Here are a couple of reviews about dunns cues. hope this helps!!

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ght=Dunns+cues

Comment

After reading the review a bit put off , might just keep looking around for a good cue around my budget

Comment

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post
                            After reading the review a bit put off , might just keep looking around for a good cue around my budget
                            You might want to consider to contact Andrew (ADR 147).
                            He has a nice collection and great guy to deal with!!! Even if you buy nothing, he'll give you Always a good advice.
                            Anyway, goodluk with searching for the Holy Grail!!

Comment

I just purchased a Grand cue from ebay, its the best maple cue I have ever owned. It came with a leather case and both long and short extensions. I dont know maybe I just got lucky, but could not be happier, my John Parris maple is still in its case.
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                                I just purchased a Grand cue from ebay, its the best maple cue I have ever owned. It came with a leather case and both long and short extensions. I dont know maybe I just got lucky, but could not be happier, my John Parris maple is still in its case.
                                they have been in touch with me can you show me the link?
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X