Buying a new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new cue

hey guys really stuck in a dilema about where to purchase a new or used (preferably new)cue from so many people have differing opinions on which cue maker is the best.People in my club recommend tony wilshaw which is who my current cue is made by whilst others tell me to go else where this gets very hard to decide any input ? Secondly i would also like to use 1 cue for both Snooker and pool which is another issue i dont know how to solve. i live in somerset which is in the south west. Any help would be much appreciated thank you

Aaron

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post
    hey guys really stuck in a dilema about where to purchase a new or used (preferably new)cue from so many people have differing opinions on which cue maker is the best.People in my club recommend tony wilshaw which is who my current cue is made by whilst others tell me to go else where this gets very hard to decide any input ? Secondly i would also like to use 1 cue for both Snooker and pool which is another issue i dont know how to solve. i live in somerset which is in the south west. Any help would be much appreciated thank you

Aaron
    Tony wilshaw I'm sure has a waiting list like many other cuemakers so it depends when you want the stick, me personally I find it hard waiting for a bus so it's a sure bet I wouldn't wait months or years for a cue so sometimes it's best to either take a gamble on ebay or take a look at craftsmans cues or greenbaize cues where they stock some great cues.

Comment

Like you say there are many great cue makers out there and prob can't go far wrong with the like of tony wilshaw, trevor white, wooldridge, glover, Andy travis and many of others. As for the dilemma with wanting to use the cue for both pool and snooker id suggest getting two shafts built for the cue thats if u prefer diff size tips. If it was my choice I'd go to either glover or Andy travis if he's well enough as there waiting times are not as long as the others.
      Last edited by dave121260; 23 November 2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Buying a new cue

Tony wilshaw can normally sort you out in a couple of weeks if it's 3/4.

Comment

in my opinion you should not try to use one cue for both games.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
            Like you say there are many great cue makers out there and prob can't go far wrong with the like of tony wilshaw, trevor white, wooldridge, glover, Andy travis and many of others. As for the dilemma with wanting to use the cue for both pool and snooker id suggest getting two shafts built for the cue thats if u prefer diff size tips. If it was my choice I'd go to either glover or Andy travis if he's well enough as there waiting times are not as long as the others.
            Yep, what's required is something like this . .

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0629sml.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              Yep, what's required is something like this . .

[ATTACH]17286[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17287[/ATTACH]
              Is that your cue bill looks nice.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrew watt View Post
                Is that your cue bill looks nice.
                Yes, it's the one swapped from Foss. It's very very smooth, Makes up either :-

56.5" 8.5mm, 19.3oz cue with 5 even arrows, or,

57" 9.5mm, 19oz cue with 3 even arrows,

both have balance point right on the hidden joint at 17".

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  in my opinion you should not try to use one cue for both games.
                  My opinion is exactly the opposite! Use one cue for both games and choose a cue that suits your snooker game best, you can play pool to a decent standard with anything.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    My opinion is exactly the opposite! Use one cue for both games and choose a cue that suits your snooker game best, you can play pool to a decent standard with anything.
                    try asking renzie about that!

Comment

I made a 3/4 maple with two shafts sorted.

Comment

you can play pool to a decent standard with anything.
                        Now this is true

Comment

i think that depends on your definition of a decent standard.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            i think that depends on your definition of a decent standard.
                            * you can play to your own standard, with practically any cue.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Buying a new cue

Completely agree adr. Pool has a very high standard these days and then you've got the animals like wadd who are a whole other level.

Comment

Working...
                              X