ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by bartito View Post
    Im afraid not. I posted this after testing several tips as I wanted to be sure. All tips reacted the same. Roling the OB, with the CB on the cushion, in the pocket no problem. But playing normal and firmer you got a miscue.
    Not only me. Also a friend (100+ break builder) who tried the tip had the same issue.
    Apart from that I can recommend the tip. very consistent, good grip only need to think to raise the butt a little when playing from the cushion.

All layered tips are prone to glazing, this will become particularly noticeable on cushion shots, when you can only hit part of the cb.

Make sure you scuff it regularly. I use the kamui tip tool but sandpaper will suffice, although that will wear your tip down in the process.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      All layered tips are prone to glazing, this will become particularly noticeable on cushion shots, when you can only hit part of the cb.

Make sure you scuff it regularly. I use the kamui tip tool but sandpaper will suffice, although that will wear your tip down in the process.
      Thanks for advice. Maybe I can try to scuff it a little and see if its any better.
      Nevertheless. I got used to it now...just need to be aware of it.

ADR is still the best laminated I've used so far and can recommend it highly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
        What is your evidence for that statement?
        visit the physics forum - my id is the same.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Just bought the super soft tip, in my opinion it's the holy grail! Got it fitted at the snooker shop and had a quick half hour practice with it, I got 98 on the line up with it and missed the yellow for the century, haven't been nowhere near 100 for 20 years on the line up.

Can anyone tell me what the best way to shape it is? Sandpaper doesn't seem to be doing anything although I only gave it a quick once over.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Looter View Post
            Just bought the super soft tip, in my opinion it's the holy grail! Got it fitted at the snooker shop and had a quick half hour practice with it, I got 98 on the line up with it and missed the yellow for the century, haven't been nowhere near 100 for 20 years on the line up.

Can anyone tell me what the best way to shape it is? Sandpaper doesn't seem to be doing anything although I only gave it a quick once over.
            good stuff - sandpaper should be fine.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
            X