ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
    You need to be firm with these people and tell them what they want!
    I've recently switched to the gorilla glue gel, have to say I'm pretty impressed so far, gives you that extra couple of seconds to get it centred right, and at £4.50for 15g comes in a lot cheaper than loctite.
    tips ping off when breaking
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
      Had to resort to a Hard as last tan one left, seriously Andrew when a tip looks this good why would you die it black?
      [ATTACH]18358[/ATTACH]
      I am on my last Tan medium,sad times.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        Because that is what people wanted mate I was with you for the brown!

Have you stopped doing them... I spy a tip auction!
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          Have you stopped doing them... I spy a tip auction!
          well you have 4 more than me mate!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark66
            Really? That's worrying, although I've fitted a couple with gorilla gel and they've been fine.
            It was Jason owen that discovered this on his break cues!

Comment

• Don't like the sound of that! Maybe will go back to loctite if there's a risk, never had a problem with it. Did find gorilla gel a bit messy to be honest.
              Last edited by Mark66; 23 April 2016, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Tried a soft black tip recently. Played with it for about a week. The tip was easy to fix and cut into shape but I couldnt adjust to the sound it makes. It back to the good old tried and trusted Elk Masters for me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rightoncue89 View Post
                  INITIAL PLAY REVIEW

I used the tip on the snooker table for the first time tonight.
                  And i am very impressed!

I feels much like i said in a previous post after playing pool, it feels firm but it doesnt sound firm, it has more of a thud than a dink sound. Which i like!

It holds chalk well and again it produced more spin than my elks ever did, without as much force, i feel i can float balls in and still get the action on the cue ball, which makes it feel effortless and because im not hitting the cue ball as hard i think i am making more pots whilst playing screw or side etc.

And made life easier in and around the balls, playing little stuns, screws and run throughs.

I didnt have any miscues either so i also feel confident with it even when playing deep screw etc.

I will update after more use and after 10 hours of play.

It held its shape perfectly aswell unlike my elks that needed reshaping 9 times out of 10 after a deep screw!

All in all i am very impressed so far and i would recommend to anybody, obviously it might not be right for everyone but for me it feels spot on and is definately worth a try.
                  Hi mate are these ADRs SuperSofts or Softs?
                  REDS ARE NO GOOD WITHOUT COLOURS !:snooker:

Comment

• Had a miscue on my first shot. Then reshape n played extremely well throughout. Great job from Andrew!!

Comment

• Have a Soft ADR147 at the moment. Play very decently except cushion shots. I have to lift the butt to play cushion shots or I get miscue. Didn't have this issue with other tips I tried.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bartito View Post
                        Have a Soft ADR147 at the moment. Play very decently except cushion shots. I have to lift the butt to play cushion shots or I get miscue. Didn't have this issue with other tips I tried.
                        I am afraid that must be in your mind...

Comment

• ....and chalk your cue:snooker:
                          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

I am afraid that must be in your mind...
                            Im afraid not. I posted this after testing several tips as I wanted to be sure. All tips reacted the same. Roling the OB, with the CB on the cushion, in the pocket no problem. But playing normal and firmer you got a miscue.
                            Not only me. Also a friend (100+ break builder) who tried the tip had the same issue.
                            Apart from that I can recommend the tip. very consistent, good grip only need to think to raise the butt a little when playing from the cushion.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bartito View Post
                              Im afraid not. I posted this after testing several tips as I wanted to be sure. All tips reacted the same. Roling the OB, with the CB on the cushion, in the pocket no problem. But playing normal and firmer you got a miscue.
                              Not only me. Also a friend (100+ break builder) who tried the tip had the same issue.
                              Apart from that I can recommend the tip. very consistent, good grip only need to think to raise the butt a little when playing from the cushion.
                              people tend to raise the butt a little from the cushion anyway to hit more of the centre of the ball but a tips grip does not change depending on this angle - the contact point is the same - that goes for every make of tip.

Comment

people tend to raise the butt a little from the cushion anyway to hit more of the centre of the ball but a tips grip does not change depending on this angle - the contact point is the same - that goes for every make of tip.
                                What is your evidence for that statement?

Comment

Working...
                                X