Ronnie O'Sullivan and Steve Peters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    True to some extent but Ronnie differs because of bipolar and has SP and running to help him instead of a gram of Lithium a day. So his chimp is a real big bad one. I'm amazed he can even play without medication with this condition. And to play so well at his age is amazing. He really is the greatest ever. There is no player in history who could have coped with that family, a mental illness and still do the biz at forty, not one. And please don't say Hendry people because he couldn't do it after 30, without all of Ronnie's baggage. I do love Hendry, fabulous mindset.
    Thats just a rumour, Ronnie isnt bipolar. He was depressed at a younger age due to his family problems and drug use as a result. But in the last couple of seasons hes really matured and looks a lot happier. I think the problem is people read into Ronnie too much when he loses or does strange things. Being so famous and popular in the snooker community, hes going to be criticized no matter what he does. But why does there always have to be something wrong when he loses? Why cant he just have simply been outplayed on the day? Ronnie is the easiest guy to judge because we always assume something is wrong with him when he doesnt play his best but I mean hes only human.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
      O'S without doubt is the greatest player to ever pick a cue, that said, he has had many problems to deal with during his reign, problems I do want to discuss. Forty is not old for a snooker player I arrived in Brisbane in 1980 played the Queensland champion and beat him 4/1 at the age of 45. Prior to playing him I have beaten every pro. I played down-under. At 21 I put my cue away because of the enormous starts I had to give other players. I never owned a cue always picked one from a rack however my wife requested I enter into a try out session at a local Leagues Club when I was 32 and if I was chosen to play to represent the club she would buy me a cue for my birthday. Not playing for 11 years I did not expect to get into the Team however I did. Played No.1 for them until I was 38 and won 95% of all my matches when other leagues clubs had pros. playing No.1. I played the Australia Champion 3 weeks after he won the title and just happen to win. Gave it up because of the travel playing away from home. I'm now 76 and playing younger players who play for a local ex-serv. club and give them start and let them win a couple during the day to be sure they will return.

I cannot even imagine playing O'S as in my mine he is the greatest player to ever pick up a cue. I do not believe people on this forum should be discussing his private life, he has had many big personal problems, I cannot believe members keep bringing them up, it has nothing to do with them, it's his personal business PERSONAL which should be private not a point of discussion. There are a lot of O'S knockers on this forum and my guess is most of them would struggle to get a forty break. Get off his back he has enough personal problems without members discussing them on this forum.
      I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but since I'm OP it probably was.

Perhaps you should take it easy.

Ronnie has, himself, mentioned his personal life in all his books, including his recent Running, which I read with great enjoyment. In fact, it's all he talks about. Whether or not I can put together a 40 break, is hardly relevant.

In any event, the thread is about him and Peters. Whether or not he's still working with him I don't see as a big secret, since he's openly discussed their partnership on numerous occasions.

I do agree he's the greatest ever, which spawned this thread. I want to have him keep playing, hence my interest in his well being.
      Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

He needs to forget SP for a while and join Master Blaster's Cueing Challenge; that'd sort him!

Comment

My remarks were made because of suggestions by some members stating O'S at 40 is getting too old.

Comment

I didn't say he was getting too old nor was that an intended implication. However, no-one is over the moon at hitting 40 and generally, as we have seen with other players, this age does tend to be around the onset of decline. It's happening to Higgins, MJW, etc. Happened to Hendry even earlier. It is happening to Ronnie, he has said so in interviews but he keeps it at bay by boxing smart. Obviously, he has the talent and fitness to delay it as long as any player but that won't make him happy, not the standard he is used to playing at. We adore Ronnie, there is no player better in the history of the game, hope that clears things up.
            Last edited by Master Blaster; 25 March 2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Whether it's because he's winning or whether it's because he's losing, all that matters to ronnie is people are talking about him.

Bi polar? Doubtful.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                Whether it's because he's winning or whether it's because he's losing, all that matters to ronnie is people are talking about him.

Bi polar? Doubtful.
                I dont think Ronnie cares too much if people are talking about him....hes been living in publicity his whole life. Pretty sure hes more fed up than anything lol.

Comment

Has Ronnie started running again since his anckle injury? Running was his escape from the stress and pressure from playing competitive snooker. Maybe that's why he's been agitated lately.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                    Has Ronnie started running again since his anckle injury? Running was his escape from the stress and pressure from playing competitive snooker. Maybe that's why he's been agitated lately.
                    I recall him mentioning his annoyance with running during the UK Championship, he mentioned he was gonna quit for a while to focus on snooker. It really pissed him off that he injured his anckle before such a major Tourney...still goes on to win it lol.

Comment

He's a bit of a drama Queen is Ronald
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        He's a bit of a drama Queen is Ronald
                        I think you misspelled the word "Genius"

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                          I think you misspelled the word "Genius"
                          No i know he is a genius but he's also a drama queen as well
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

The chimp on the lose
                            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                            X