No announcement yet.

Mike Woodridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiao Guodong used an old ash one most of his career he is around 32 in the world, James Cahill also used a maple one when he first became pro - both may have changed now don't know.

Comment

Shane castle had a Mike Wooldridge since he was 9, tried it for a frame when it went to Hong Kong, beautifully made cue

Comment

This place would go nuts IF there is ever a Blackspin ferule being played with at the world champs!!!
        If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Mike Woodridge cues

thorbun won the worlds with a black ferrule,but not a b/spin

Comment

I remember James Cahill saying in an interview he used to have a MW cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              I remember James Cahill saying in an interview he used to have a MW cue.
              James did have a MW cue but he sold it a few months ago, then drove through to Greenbaize and spent time trying out cues before choosing a cue that he liked and thats his playing cue now!! I think its a GBL cue
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                James did have a MW cue but he sold it a few months ago, then drove through to Greenbaize and spent time trying out cues before choosing a cue that he liked and thats his playing cue now!! I think its a GBL cue
                Ah ok cool, Greenbaize has a good reputation.
                Hope Uncle Hendry bought it for him

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
                  How come you never see or hear of any pro's using Mike's cues? Very strange
                  Cause Mike will serves those PRO(s) just like how he served me .....
                  To Mike, all his customers are all PRO ~~~~

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                    Cause Mike will serves those PRO(s) just like how he served me .....
                    To Mike, all his customers are all PRO ~~~~
                    Good post .
                    Mike treats everyone with the same respect .
                    Great guy an Great cue maker to deal with .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      Good post .
                      Mike treats everyone with the same respect .
                      Great guy an Great cue maker to deal with .

Agree.

The Pros want freebies and then even more when they play with certain Cues on T.V.

From the dealings i have had with MW there is no way in hell any Pro will get a free Cue or preferred treatment over anyone else that is a paying customer, you get you get with MW and it is straight out honesty with no bull**** and crap.

Mike will not bend down and take it up the clacker like Parris does so he has exposure on the big stage and Parris are the most over rated Cues on the market today which also have a 2 year wait! lol and i pity anyone who orders a brand new JP these days and you are fooling yourself if you think John actually makes a Cue these days. Horror stories about JP Cues are everywhere now regarding wait times.

Gimme any MW over ANY Parris any day of the week and i have owned both.
                      If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
                        Agree.

The Pros want freebies and then even more when they play with certain Cues on T.V.

From the dealings i have had with MW there is no way in hell any Pro will get a free Cue or preferred treatment over anyone else that is a paying customer, you get you get with MW and it is straight out honesty with no bull**** and crap.

Mike will not bend down and take it up the clacker like Parris does so he has exposure on the big stage and Parris are the most over rated Cues on the market today which also have a 2 year wait! lol and i pity anyone who orders a brand new JP these days and you are fooling yourself if you think John actually makes a Cue these days. Horror stories about JP Cues are everywhere now regarding wait times.

Gimme any MW over ANY Parris any day of the week and i have owned both.
                        I appreciate your points chappy5 but if everyone stopped using a product because the original maker/inventor wasn't making that product by hand himself/herself the world would come to a stand still.

I know there has been some bad Parris cues on the market but don't believe the pro's use Parris cues just because he gave a few free ones away back in the day. It was the best business deal he ever made. I don't doubt MW TW or any other world class cue maker and I am sure some pro's have certainly used MW cues to try them out but it seems none of them are using them at the minute.

Comment

I've just ordered one of Mikes Tiger cues! Absolutely buzzing to get it and have a knock!

Comment

A top proffesional won't use a cue just cause they got it for free that is just ridiculous, a top pro will use a cue that they feel is the best cue for them and that they feel comfortable and confident with as its there livelihood ! For example I know a cue maker who supplies a few top pro's and one proffesional ( former world no 1 ) in particular got a cue and didn't like it so returned the cue but still payed full price for it and it wasn't cheap and then bought another one from same cue maker at full price. These top guys are not short of a few bob and won't risk performance or reputation for a freebie ! The only way you will get these guys to play with anything is to start paying them a lot of money in sponsorship to play with a certain cue so if they are not winning then they are still getting paid so to speak !
                            " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

As far as I know, the pros don't get sent or offered A cue, they are given quite a few from Parris and they pick one that they like and get it for free.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Also I reckon Parris would triple check the quality of the cues sent out to Pro's himself, to make sure they are top notch.

Comment

Working...
                                X