Pictures of your tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
    It looks to me he has done Vertical Cuts if you look closely at tip, to get it to taper/dome out all you do is when doing Vertical Cuts do it at abit of a Angle going outwards and not Flush with Ferrule!. I like mine flush to the ferrule as if you have 8.5mm Tip for Pool you wanna hit less of the Cueball if you want a bigger dome tip yes its ok for snooker as Snooker Cueball alot bigger or if Ferrule very small on your Pool Cue.

Gaz.
    I've tried on 10 Elkmasters but still unable to achieve that. Slanted the cue at a side but still fail terribly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
      It looks to me he has done Vertical Cuts if you look closely at tip, to get it to taper/dome out all you do is when doing Vertical Cuts do it at abit of a Angle going outwards and not Flush with Ferrule!. I like mine flush to the ferrule as if you have 8.5mm Tip for Pool you wanna hit less of the Cueball if you want a bigger dome tip yes its ok for snooker as Snooker Cueball alot bigger or if Ferrule very small on your Pool Cue.

Gaz.
      So I tried again and still no success. It just turns out uneven on 1 side. Or even on the \___/, the \ shape ain't there. Guess I have to slant the cue shaft even more.

I have no idea about the benefits of such tips but I like that kind of outlook.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        Here's a pic of mine
        Cheers for that, well tipped how does it play med/firm ?

Comment

• By George I think I've cracked it :snooker:

Comment

• Double post

Comment

• Surely that needs to be shaped?
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                Surely that needs to be shaped?
                Yeah mate, just can't believe I got the shape right for once lol.

Chalked it for effect, had no time to finish it.

Comment

• Hi folks
                  Is this is possibly something to do with Talisman tips? I've tried to shape my tips like that in the past with Elks, Diamonds, Kamui's etc with no luck. Recently switched to a Talisman soft and when doing the old upside down trimming bit (with what I was sure was perfectly vertical strokes) my tip turned out that shape with no intention on my part. Either that or it was the scalpel blade. I was using a Swann Morton with a blade with a horizontal (to the table) cutting edge. ? Some unintended outward blade flexing on the downward cut?

Cheers David

Comment

• Originally Posted by fatnew View Post

something like this. size of 1" x 8" maybe.
                    have two side, one is rough, the other is smooth, elastic material inside.
                    use the smooth side to polish the ferrule softly, it'll be shiny without any damage
                    the surface of nail tool will become black, be careful of the wood below ferrule, black is not a good looking
                    这东西,什么地方有卖?(where can i get one?)

Comment

• Boots lol...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                        Boots lol...
                        Lol

PS you're now on post 147!
                        GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

• This is a ladies nail filer and buffer/polisher.
                          U can get it in any departmental store or search on ebay

Comment

• Originally Posted by hasan.rashid14 View Post
                            This is a ladies nail filer and buffer/polisher.
                            U can get it in any departmental store or search on ebay
                            thanks a lot.

Comment

• My first ADR147. Super Soft version. Still needs sanding in slightly to be flush with the ferrule but i've played a couple of frames with it and i think i'm going to be happy with it after a brief flitation with Talisman Pro Soft.

Comment

• Originally Posted by chae View Post

My first ADR147. Super Soft version. Still needs sanding in slightly to be flush with the ferrule but i've played a couple of frames with it and i think i'm going to be happy with it after a brief flitation with Talisman Pro Soft.
                                burnish edges please
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X