Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from the founder of TSF

Hello members,

As some of you may remember, I launched TheSnookerForum.com (known then as WorldSnookerForums.com) all the way back on 11th September 2004, it only feels like yesterday when I was working on it

Sorry for posting under this account (this was my test account) I cant remember the password to my main account 'Snooker'.

I had to sell the site in 2006 (I think, may have been 2007) due to me not having time to run the site, due to a lot of stuff happening in my life. I havent come to the site for years, and today I thought id have a look, and was supprised to see how much of a success it has become. I can remember how hard I worked promoting the site to get the first few members, its so hard to launch a forum when there is no content in it!

I set out to create the #1 snooker website in the world, and I would like to congratulate the current operator, the moderators and the members for making that goal come true, im so pleased to see that the website has become so much more of a success than it was when I left it.

I see that ferret is now either the main admin, or the owner of the site, and what a brilliant job he is doing, well done! I can remember when you joined the site, I cant remember if I made you a mod back then or not.

Anyway, I hope the site continues to grow and becomes even more successfull.

Regards
    David

PS. Im pleased to see you are still using the forum skin that I designed, I put loads of work into that

well thank you from me and im sure other people for starting TSF way back 5 or 6 years ago..:snooker:

Comment

Yeah TSF has turnedd into a very vibrant forum. You got lucky though - TSF started just as TheGreenBaize shut up shop and inherited many of its members. Speaking of which are there any GreenBaizers left on TSF? I miss that little site.

Comment

You should be very pleased with yourself....the forum itself seems to becoming ever more popular.
        Well done to you for what you started and how it's turned out to be now.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Morning Dave

Good to see you are still lurking about mate I think the forum has felt like it has something missing in it since you left the site, would be great to have you back posting on the site after all you set the site up for your love of the game. Would also be good to have our old friends Dave aka Reverse_Side back and active on the forum again but he is a busy man too but does still pop in every now and then.

Do you want me to reset your original account of snooker and merge it with this one?

From what I remember you live in Sheffield! if you have time pop down to The Crucible and I'll get you a beer or two.

Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin

Yes im still living in Sheffield, ill try to get some time and call through to the curcible this year. Have you managed to get tickets to the final session?

It would be cool if you could let me have my Snooker account back, you'll have to change the email address attached to it as I think it is a @thesnookerforum.com one, which obviously I cant access anymore. Ill try to become active on the forums again!

Cheers, enjoy your time in Sheffield.

Comment

ok mate cool, send me your mobile number through the contact us button and I'll txt you my number.

Will sort the merge out later, bit busy at the moment

And I sort of have tickets for the final!! still yet to be confirmed by the sponsor!

Comment

Good to hear from you sir!

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
                Yeah TSF has turnedd into a very vibrant forum. You got lucky though - TSF started just as TheGreenBaize shut up shop and inherited many of its members. Speaking of which are there any GreenBaizers left on TSF? I miss that little site.
                I used to visit occasionally but I don't think I ever posted there. In fairness I remember TSF was still very quiet when Curtis took over in early 2006 (and made Ranen and I mods). The big explosion came that summer when the BBC boards descended into madness and dozens of their regular posters came here. TSF's been lively enough ever since.

Play89 bought the site from Curtis about two years ago, they put Kevin in charge and that's about where we are now.

It's taken a bit of work to keep this skin through a few major vbulletin upgrades but it's holding up well I think. I've always liked it. I still remember the old plain olive green one, can't remember whether that was early TSF or maybe even WSF.

If you'd like to PM me an email address David I'll set your original account to use it (the forum wouldn't allow me to use the same address as you're using for davey147)

Comment

Ive PM'd you! Thanks

We should create a history page for TSF to show all the different looks its had. Im so proud of where it is today, I cant believe its become so successful.

I think the plain olive green look was the first ever design for WSF. Do you remember this logo, this was the first ever logo for the site!!!!

Comment

Excellent im back on with my original account

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker View Post
                      Excellent im back on with my original account
                      Well done Davey.Welcome back.
                      Winner of 2008 Grand Prix Prediction Contest

Comment

I dito that. Welcome back!

Comment

I really is a brilliant website for snooker players, followers, fans, coaches and anybody interested in snooker to join in and discuss snooker with people with the same interests.

Keep it up!

bongo

Comment

Thanks for a great invention.
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

thanks for making this forum mate, it's the bestest one :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X