New title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New title

I see you have retitled the pages "The Snooker Forum - World Championship Snooker"

I don't think you should. I think the previous, simpler "The Snooker Forum" more truly reflects the fact that the site deals with all aspects of snooker, from, yes, World Championship Snooker to amateur snooker, to general advice, to general chat about each other, to general chat full stop.

To suggest "World Championship", or even the wider term "Professional", I think detracts a viewer who might skip the site, because they are looking for something more generic than WC information.

Just a thought.

I agree, especially as there is an Amatuer section...
    You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

I noticed this too and to be honest I'd tend to agree with Statman.

I'd guess that it's something to do with bringing in more search traffic, and I suppose if it's effective at that I'd live with it, if not I think I'd prefer it restored.

Comment

Hadn't thought of the search hits.

Can one not have the words Professional, Amateur and Chat embedded in the title without it actually appearing? Presumably it would not help passing trade for those wanting hits of Snooker "Amateur" or "Chat" or "Communities" etc., or even "Professional" – only "World Championship".

As you can gather, I am speaking from a nontechnical viewpoint!

Comment

The intent was to attract more search engine traffic, but that is only one arrow in my quiver

I wasn't too keen on it myself, to be honest. I have updated the title so that it reflects more appropriately on the site content.

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Working...
          X