This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any point in bans, part two

At no time did I say I was having any problems, I am aware of report button and its use, instead of closing thread might it not have been better to address some of the issues I mentioned or is it head in sand time? my thread was a general observation on the state of the forum at the moment, it is now closed, would be a shame to see this forum end up the same way

Trouble what people forget is , its all OK grassing someone up and getting them banned but they need to realise they'll only come back again with a different username, I don't mean genuine forum users those like Trickly or Byrom I mean the blazing squad on here who talk to themselves most of the day.
    If someone winds you up that much put them on your ignore list.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Trouble what people forget is , its all OK grassing someone up and getting them banned but they need to realise they'll only come back again with a different username, I don't mean genuine forum users those like Trickly or Byrom I mean the blazing squad on here who talk to themselves most of the day.
      If someone winds you up that much put them on your ignore list.
      I've never actually had to put anyone on my ignore list, normally I could just ignore them without use of a button. Must admit though Focus got right on my nerves and pressed my buttons! Actually rose to some of his idiotic posts and comments which were blatantly posted to incite reaction, good riddance Focus, aka Master Blaster and prob a few other user names.

Comment

There is a fine line between healthy discussion, banter etc.... In my time on TSF I have only seen a handful of members overstepping the mark, large percentage of these occasions have prob been the same returning idiot trying to break his record in time taken to be banned.

Comment

I'm afraid ignore button is your only option.
          Mods can ban the trolls all day long, but they will most likely come back with a different user name.
          No good checking their IP adresses either. Anyone who is even a little bit computer savy could make themselves appear as if they come from a certain country or region etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
            I'm afraid ignore button is your only option.
            Mods can ban the trolls all day long, but they will most likely come back with a different user name.
            No good checking their IP adresses either. Anyone who is even a little bit computer savy could make themselves appear as if they come from a certain country or region etc.
            That's true when the rack pack 1st came out I got it from the BBC I player which we can't access in Ireland found a 2 minute video on you tube and got the movie

Comment

Why don't we all just agree that if we don't like a thread we will not troll it and make comments to goad people in to arguments or insult people just to get a reaction. We can all be guilty of that. This is a great forum and we can police it ourselves and get it back to former glory. It's very simple. If you don't like what someone says then either ignore or, report it or leave the forum.

Comment

Originally Posted by Robgosty View Post
                At no time did I say I was having any problems, I am aware of report button and its use, instead of closing thread might it not have been better to address some of the issues I mentioned or is it head in sand time? my thread was a general observation on the state of the forum at the moment, it is now closed, would be a shame to see this forum end up the same way
                The thread was closed and you have continued it. That will be an instant ban if ferret sees it - I would suggest strongly you delete this thread.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  The thread was closed and you have continued it. That will be an instant ban if ferret sees it - I would suggest strongly you delete this thread.
                  That would be ironic,don't you think?
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                    That would be ironic,don't you think?
                    No I don't - it is the definition of cheek when a thread is closed to open it again, ferret will hit the roof.

Comment

We cannot delete a thread ? maybe you should adr ??? (assuming you can of course being a mod)

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        We cannot delete a thread ? maybe you should adr ??? (assuming you can of course being a mod)
                        the person who starts any thread can delete it, you just delete the first post.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          the person who starts any thread can delete it, you just delete the first post.
                          Which raises the question how do you delete a post ?? facility seems to have gone

Comment

Be a bit ironic the person who starts a thread about bans gets a ban

Comment

think it basically comes down to.......

if you dont like or want to play by the rules you signed up to and any changes since then f**k off somewhere else or create your own playground to argue bitch and whinge about each other in..... can see why ferret gets short in his temper and replies when threads like this appear after he has answered earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X