Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions Please

Hi Everybody,

Now the forums are starting to get a bit busier, I would like to get some poeples views on the site and what things they would like to see improved.

Come on everybody, help get these forums growing, get posting!!!

Thanks

If we knew what proportion of guests turn into posters and members, we'd see what kind of successful conversion rate we're running at, if this improved, whatever we're doing would be in the right direction. Do other Forums have a guest area that you needn't be a member to post? I could imagine that those people who're on the fence as to whether to register, may treat this area as a test ground for their comments; we could see if they'd register after that.
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Not that I like stats, but the ones under the heading "What's Going On?", might be more interesting to people if they were put in a more prominent position near the title bar somewhere. Maybe add a stat of how many people have joined today & yesterday would show the popularity growing. We've not got a stat counter, is that an option? I know you can measure Unnique visitors and page loads too.
      Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Any plans to have a Embassy sweepstake type competition?

(PS Added reputation to Mirocri by mistake - was just testing button functions!)

Comment

If we have any Artists among us, could an Avatar database be drawn up so new members could pick and choose which ones they'd like? Animated or bog standard gif/jpg's too.

Comment

Must be something in the Roast Dinner my girlie cooked for me today but.....

For the members that have registered but not got round to posting much recently, could an email be sent out to encourage them back into the fold?

Comment

Things that stop me from posting on forums are people who triple post

Comment

Triple? explain SVP, I posted 5?

Comment

Originally Posted by reverse_side
                  Triple? explain SVP, I posted 5?
                  lol true, but 3 were within 5 mins of each other

Comment

Oh right, you were talking to me, hmmmmmm, and here's me giving you the benefit of the doubt - won't make that mistake again.

When was the last time YOU contributed to the Community???? Let's see, the 8th of November, you've now upped your 'post rate' to 0.02 posts per day does it give you some satisfaction to whinge about someone offering suggestions that they hope will move the Forum forward and make the whole experience more rewarding and enticing for potential members to register and start posting - I think you should have a good look at yourself - as my old mum would say, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

That's better, we'll see if zimrahil can post some positive content instead of trying to take someone down a peg or two when they're actually hoping the Forum Admin & Mods appreciate their suggestions.

Over to you zimrahil.

Comment

Erm.....I was having a 'laugh'

I mistakenly assumed you understood the use of emoticons on forums, hence the in both of my posts

Didn't realise the members here were so friendly & good natured

Comment

emoticon or not, a wink in two separate messages is rubbish if you still don't say anything either funny or worthwhile - with a background of friendship, banter, appreciation and good humour to back up your comments, you would have got away with it. If you'd have actually bothered to discuss the ideas instead of schoolboy irony, I'd've glossed over your throw away comments.
                        Get over yourself, post things that are worth the time in reading rather than feeble attempts at humour with people you don't know.

'a drop of wine in sewage is sewage, a drop of sewage in wine is still sewage', and you're not even a mediocre merlot.

zimrahil - could do better. Comedy act? Don't give up your day job.

Bonus, you're up to 0.03 posts per day........ well done.

*end of*

Comment

chill dude - I don't think he was having a go! I'm of the school where post counts are everything but it seems to be frowned upon here a bit. I don't see the harm in a triple post if there's valid stuff coming out which there was here

Comment

Originally Posted by reverse_side
                            emoticon or not, a wink in two separate messages is rubbish if you still don't say anything either funny or worthwhile - with a background of friendship, banter, appreciation and good humour to back up your comments, you would have got away with it. If you'd have actually bothered to discuss the ideas instead of schoolboy irony, I'd've glossed over your throw away comments.
                            Get over yourself, post things that are worth the time in reading rather than feeble attempts at humour with people you don't know.

'a drop of wine in sewage is sewage, a drop of sewage in wine is still sewage', and you're not even a mediocre merlot.

zimrahil - could do better. Comedy act? Don't give up your day job.

Bonus, you're up to 0.03 posts per day........ well done.

*end of*

Blimey. I never realised my few words would have such an impact on your life. What else could explain the 2 amazingly long uncalled for tirades against someone you don't know. You seem to get very upset over such minute matters ?

post things that are worth the time in reading
                            Best to take your own advice methinks

Comment

Well i'd better step in here

Thank you for your improvement suggestions, we are currently working on the next upgrade which should be implemented within the next month, some of you comments will definately be included. I may PM you to discuss them further if thats okay.

Zimrahil - I personally think your comments were uncalled for, if you joined in with the community, yes a joke towards another member is good. Why don't you discuss snooker with us, thats what the forum is here for, if your not here for that, why sign up ?

Comment

Working...
                              X