Why do people come here and not post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people come here and not post?

there are 4 people online right now and I came here to 2 new posts in the last god knows how many hours!

I think some post whoring mentality is called for! Admin please get rid of this 10 characters minimum rule and let us chat in the forums. It will make the place come alive

(maybe)

I dont really understand what advantage removing the 10 charater limit would make, as I seriously have never had an occasion where I have needed to post something less than 10 characters, I would like you to give a few examples.

I personally think it would destroy the forums if we were to have 1000's of posts of one words to browse through. Eg. 'I' 'It' 'Is

There arnt many sentances that can contain less than 10 characters.

Comment

well several times I want to write something like "yeah" or "I agree" or post just an emo or something relevant and then I get the 10 character warning which is kind of annoying because my posts are generally pretty long and it's not like I want to do it all the time or anything. I tend then to just hit enter a few times and that sorts it but it's still silly having a restriction. If someone posts just one letter replies all the time, ban them!

Anyway, I come from the sort of forum background where post whoring is encouraged and there's a lot more activity as a result even if there is a load of crap to filter through. Speaking of which, certain folk around here are starting topics which could otherwise be mentioned in other threads if the conversation style of thread was encouraged. OK so sometimes it means sidestepping the original thread topic but someone always comes along who will post something relevant to the title and keep the thread back on track.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool site I just wish more people posted so a good vibe was there to keep everyone coming back for more

Comment

I don't see any harm in a 10 character limit, just have to make posts like "yeah" a little longer "yeah i agree."

Comment

not heard of this before...maybe all my posts so far are above 10 characters
          You Will RESPECT My Authoritar

Comment

If you answer is only a yes or no then make up the extra characters with spaces or smilies your avarage smiley id 5 characters

Comment

that's what I do, but generally I'm not talking about "yes" or "no" posts, but ones like "exactly" or

Comment

Working...
              X