Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notifications?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ah yes I found AdBlocker does affect other sites adversely.
    i stopped using it many years ago, maybe another reason to go to Win10
    I tend not to see many ads anymore
    Up the TSF!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DeanH View Post
      ah yes I found AdBlocker does affect other sites adversely.
      i stopped using it many years ago, maybe another reason to go to Win10
      I tend not to see many ads anymore
      Do you sell W10 for a living or something?
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

      Comment


      • #18

        No, but a couple friends did not want to go to Win10 some time ago and they got hit and lost a lot
        Would not want to see anyone else go through what they had to

        If you dont want MS, you can always go to Unix, a friend is an expert in that platform and can help you
        Up the TSF!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DeanH View Post

          No, but a couple friends did not want to go to Win10 some time ago and they got hit and lost a lot
          Would not want to see anyone else go through what they had to

          If you dont want MS, you can always go to Unix, a friend is an expert in that platform and can help you
          It's not really a case of not wanting MS, it's a case of me being a lazy so and so and not wanting to go through the rigmarole and expense of changing. If I could flick a switch and swap to Win10 I would, but I know it's not as simple as that.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

          Comment


          • #20

            ah ha gotcha now

            [offer stands]
            Up the TSF!

            Comment


            • #21
              I'm not interested in any notifications, the box in my profile for notifications isn't ticked yet I still get them all the time.
              Someone has posted on your subscription etc etc, I post on a thread and suddenly it becomes my subscription and I get notifications that are meaningless to me, I don't want this yet cannot turn it off.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

              Comment


              • #22
                The option to turn off notifications will be buried somewhere deep within your settings. Just don’t ask me where.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by vmax View Post
                  I'm not interested in any notifications, the box in my profile for notifications isn't ticked yet I still get them all the time.
                  Someone has posted on your subscription etc etc, I post on a thread and suddenly it becomes my subscription and I get notifications that are meaningless to me, I don't want this yet cannot turn it off.
                  Hi Steve
                  A few things:
                  1. Turn off automatic Subscribe to a thread you post to.
                  Click no your name at the top right of the TSF page.
                  User Settings
                  Notifications tab
                  Automatic Subscriptions - uncheck the box for "Subscribe when posting".

                  2. Email Notifications
                  As above, next below is Email Notifications, with a selection menu, with options:
                  "Off, through my Message Centre only" - so you don't get an email message but only a red number with TSF platform.
                  "On" so you get an email AND the Message Centre number. This is instant notification.
                  "On, daily" same as above but only emails once per day.
                  "On, weekly" same as above but only emails once per week.

                  3. General - Discussions - Private Message
                  [I think these settings may be what you are describing]
                  The options here should control what you should/should not receive
                  tinker with these as you see fit
                  I think these are the ones you need play with to resolve your issue

                  I hope this helps, as always please come back if you need anything else.
                  Up the TSF!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have been to this page many times to try to turn them off but as the box has never been checked I don't know what to do.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I will pass this onto the techie.
                      cheers
                      Up the TSF!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X