stephen hendry vids of him playing first time in australia in the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stephen hendry vids of him playing first time in australia in the 80's

if u want to see the master play in australia in the 80's go to you tube and type in. winfield masters snooker stephen hendry...there he plays mike hallet and alex higgins.

Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Thanks Longbomber,enjoyed those clips.
      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

His action was so much better then, no dropping of the shoulder. Such a devastating potter, I wonder just what goes on in either body or head that make changes like that happen. You'd think he'd be able to look at videos like that and go back to how he was.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          His action was so much better then, no dropping of the shoulder. Such a devastating potter, I wonder just what goes on in either body or head that make changes like that happen. You'd think he'd be able to look at videos like that and go back to how he was.
          Only the back of his hand moves, perfect.
          Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Its weird looking at those vids looking at how he cued then compared to later years, he had almost no pause in the backswing then, in later years it was more pronounced and that was before he got the "yips". Similar story with o'Sullivan, he hadn't got a rear pause and then later changed his technique and now has a noticable rear pause.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Its weird looking at those vids looking at how he cued then compared to later years, he had almost no pause in the backswing then, in later years it was more pronounced and that was before he got the "yips". Similar story with o'Sullivan, he hadn't got a rear pause and then later changed his technique and now has a noticable rear pause.
              He had the sweetest of timing. Jimmy had no pause either, just a very sweet stroke, getting through the ball and making it dance with very little effort. It's interesting what you say narl, because it's all about a wee pause now, and 'striking' the ball. I just tried this set-up on the pool table, it's very sweet and very steady; very little movement apart from the cue arm and fingers. He was younger then, and could get into contortionist positions. He was so flat to the table, and head up. Unique.
              Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

That 40 a the start of the first clip is unreal. He played so fluently and easily, lovely to watch! :snooker:
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I have always been a huge Stephen Hendry fan so I appreciate the videos
                  you mentioned here.

I love his offensive style of play and of course his many talents on the table.

Comment

Phenomenal just watching that 40 in the first clip... it seems he was just born to play snooker.

Comment

His elbow was dead centre back then, and on his follow through his elbow goes out the left as we look at him. Now his elbow is inside the vertical and goes in to the right as we look at him.

Comment

I forgot how fluent Hendry was, great clips!
                        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                          I forgot how fluent Hendry was, great clips!
                          yes! I love watching this footage . . .
                          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

wow how much more fluent does he look?
                            Forgot he used to fly around the table like Ronnie.

Much different action back then far less considered and more free. He defiantly got though the ball better when he was younger

Comment

Hendry played a lot better than many people say he did between 1997 and 2004.

His 1999 world title and his run to the 2002 world final (plus being just 1 frame away from an 8th world title) were brilliant. Hendry is the greatest ever (I've always said it and I've always meant it when I've said it) but by 1997 he was no longer the only outstanding player around.

Hendry always played a high risk game which payed off spectacularly, but it was always going to be impossible to maintain the same levels of success with the same high risk game throughout the whole of his career, so people's thoughts that his 1999 world title could have been the start of another 5 in a row there plus possibly doing 5 in a row again concurrently at Wembley were completely unrealistic thoughts. Nothing to do with the yips why he couldn't do 5 in a rows a second time around at both the Crucible and Wembley.

Comment

Working...
                              X