No announcement yet.

Forum innacessable today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should run a sweepstake on when it goes again .... hopefully not for some time though or even ever

Comment

This past week I've been redirected to an old Yahoo account that I no longer have the password for, these hacks seem to happen when there's a tournament on and the forum is about to get busy. Don't these pillocks have anything creative to do, do they do it just because they can
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        This past week I've been redirected to an old Yahoo account that I no longer have the password for, these hacks seem to happen when there's a tournament on and the forum is about to get busy. Don't these pillocks have anything creative to do, do they do it just because they can
        Agree Vmax, it's happened on the last three tournaments.
        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          Looks like some banned member does it.

Comment

More problems logging on today. Every now and again I pop my head in to see if the login issues are still around.

Today using the main link I have been diverted to winning a raffle to am I a robot and then just a blank screen, eventually I have found an old page link and gone from there.

Is there much progress with a workaround to stop the idiots who keep causing these issues?

Unfortunately I can't see as the forum will stand a chance until it goes away .
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

This is an old issue mainly affecting those that are using an old Favourite link.
              Best to delete that and do a clean browser search for The Snooker Forum and gain access cleanly and save that You should be fine after that.

You may also see other error messages when posting etc. when this occurs, press F5 to refresh and your post will appear after refresh.

Be assured there are motions in progress.... x-fingers
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                This is an old issue mainly affecting those that are using an old Favourite link.
                Best to delete that and do a clean browser search for The Snooker Forum and gain access cleanly and save that You should be fine after that.
                Hi Dean

Strange mate,

I don't used any saved links, never have for the forum.

I type "The Snooker Forum" into Google, I then click the snooker forum link which is where the problems have always occurred.

When The Snooker Forum comes up in Google, like everything else it gives you choices of which page, I generally have to choose a less common page to avoid all the redirects.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

oh? strange that indeed

my home page is https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/board/

x-fingers for you
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

Hi Dean

Strange mate,

I don't used any saved links, never have for the forum.

I type "The Snooker Forum" into Google, I then click the snooker forum link which is where the problems have always occurred.

When The Snooker Forum comes up in Google, like everything else it gives you choices of which page, I generally have to choose a less common page to avoid all the redirects.
                    This is the same for me with a google search. I have to use a saved link, which is odd because the link is to the same address.

Comment

I think there seems to be a difference across Laptops/PC to Android and IOS devices, McAffee etc probably blocks this stuff out on Windows. I may be wrong...
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Is ANYTHING being done to try and fix this forum, or do we just have to put up with these posting error messages, links taking you to the same page in a thread regardless of how many pages there are, and the inability for others to see our edits forever more???
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Seemed the forum was down last night / this AM... Hopefully just year end maintenance stuff?
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                          X