Forum still being hijacked when accessed from search results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum still being hijacked when accessed from search results

Yes, I know it can be avoided by creating a desktop/homescreen link, but out of sheer habit I often come here via a quick ‘snooker forum’ search, and the link in those results is still being hijacked by a ‘You’re out millionth visitor’ scam bollox. And it’s one of those websites that immediately reloads the page when you hit the back key, to prevent you leaving. God knows what this crap is putting my phone.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

The site is not being hacked - you are being diverted by the search engine hits that is a left-over from when it WAS hacked.
    There is nothing the forum can do about browser searches and sites that are out there.
    Who do you go to to get websites taken down?
    It is up to users to not go there in the first place.

The forum also can do nothing about users who do multiple keyboard/mouse/finger strikes instead of one

On my phone I have a favourite on my home page, simple to do, simple to press one icon instead of typing out on a browser.

Protect your phone, have you got a security app? do you clean your history and cache regularly?
    When you do a search your phone/pc will look at your history and pop up what you did before, so it may appear to be "still being hacked" but it is not, it is your history producing the same search results.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      The forum also can do nothing about users who do multiple keyboard/mouse/finger strikes instead of one

I've been getting this error message a lot lately, I only hit once of course.

Comment

Working...
      X