Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've just noticed that in the "Newbies and Introductions"- section the threads with the most recent replies are not necessarily displayed at the top (under the sticky threads) as would be the case in other sections. Why is this?
    It's not like this bothers me a great deal, but I have noticed that because of this, people tend to reply to introductions that were posted a couple of years ago.

Ok,have I posted this in the wrong section or does no-one have an answer?

Comment

Originally Posted by Miss_S View Post
      Ok,have I posted this in the wrong section or does no-one have an answer?
      Maybe this thread did not appear at the top either and so no one has seen it?
      If so, the good news will be that the support questions posted 2 years ago will be getting loads of responses now
      "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
      David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

I will look into this.

OK sorted that out, if you notice this in any other of the forums please let me know.
        Last edited by ferret; 21 February 2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
          OK sorted that out, if you notice this in any other of the forums please let me know.
          I think the "Snooker News" forum has the same problem now.

Comment

And now The Snooker Lounge as well.

Comment

OK both of those have now been sorted out.

Comment

does that mean on to the missing pictures/attachments/broken links

no pressure

Comment

Originally Posted by snookersfun View Post
                  does that mean on to the missing pictures/attachments/broken links

no pressure
                  No, on the thread display issue.

I am half way there in the attachments, I have downloaded them from the old server just need to re-upload them to the new but it is getting the access time to do that!!!!

The programme I need to use to upload all the old files that are missing is in constant use at the moment as I am in the middle of a huge project that is financing me going to Sheffield so as soon as I have finished that I can upload the files.

Comment

good good good!
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                      No, on the thread display issue.

I am half way there in the attachments, I have downloaded them from the old server just need to re-upload them to the new but it is getting the access time to do that!!!!

The programme I need to use to upload all the old files that are missing is in constant use at the moment as I am in the middle of a huge project that is financing me going to Sheffield so as soon as I have finished that I can upload the files.
                      thanks ferret, but good to know all is not lost
                      but yeah, can see how financing Sheffield is more important at the moment

Comment

Yeah its crazy, I am trying to rush around and get everything finished so I have 1 week spare before going to make some final adjustments to the new TSF design and have a few days off as I will be working 18 days straight when I am in Sheffield.

I know if doesn't sound much, sitting there with a camera and writing a few articles but I was knackered after doing The Welsh Open this year and that was only a week

Comment

Working...
                        X