I want to 'ave an avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to 'ave an avatar

I've tried to upload an Avatar (and, by the way, why the heck is it called that?!), and cannot. It is a 73×79 pixel bitmap (.bmp) image of 18kb, but I am told it is an unsuitable image. Why?

BMP's aren't an allowed type, probably because they're comparatively huge. You'll have to resave it as a jpg, gif or (I think) png, then try again.

For the origin of the word, see wikipedia.

Comment

Try saving it as a .jpg
      You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

I did try that. It then said the bitmap image had the wrong file extension!

Comment

You might just be renaming it as opposed to actually changing the type. Open the image in MS Paint, go to file->save as and make sure Jpeg is selected in the 'save as type' box.

If you're still having problems, post the image up here as an attachment and I'll see if I can sort it out for you.
          Edit: Or email it to me at snooker@inertiasystems.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X