all threads on the main page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    I will trial putting the removed sections back onto the front page for a few weeks but they will be right at the bottom of the page not the top section mixed in with everything else.
    That was written at 5pm yesterday

Comment

That was written at 5pm yesterday
      Sounds like the perfect compromise to me, thanks.

Russ

Comment

Are we expected to give feedback?
        Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
        2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Oh well you have now, you should know that I am not giving second chances to anybody who swears on the forum, hence the banning of last week, see you in 1 month.

If this does not show you that the rules need to be adhered to then I do not know what will.

@ bob1 - I did get your PM but not had time to reply as of yet, there is no president as to the number of temporary bans will = a permanent ban and I would like to think that there will not be, after a short ban the lesson should be learned. A majority of member who have had short bane for a week or a month have come back after thinking about the rules they have broken and not done so again, only a few have continued to break the rules and and either decided to leave the forum form their own accord or been permanently banned after returning for the same violations.

This is a place to talk about Snooker, if you want to shout, swear and abuse someone go to a rugby match. You have to keep in mind that we are working with junior organizations who we are encouraging to invite their members onto the site and we do not want to have this kind of language on the site as it will not paint a good light to the junior members parents and organizations they are members of.

Go and have a look in the cues section of the site or the coaching section, everybody manages to behave themselves in there just fine, part of the decision to take some of the sections off of the front page was because there are only a handful of members who regularly go into these sections and the people that do know where they can be found form the Forum button on the navigation, this leaves the front page to be clear for Snooker chat, the decision to take the off topic section off was because this is the place where most of the arguing goes on and most people do not want to see 20 threads wishing someone happy birthday on the front page when they have come to read about Snooker.

I will trial putting the removed sections back onto the front page for a few weeks but they will be right at the bottom of the page not the top section mixed in with everything else.
          i think people need to take notice of all of this but especially the last paragraph...

We all know the rules or at least we should know them. if we break them we all now know the punishment. No excuses, dont do it!

There are people that seem aggrieved by some of the decisions made by Ferret and the Mods (great band name by the way) but a ban on swearing is not as harsh as it sounds and its only repeat offenders that get warned/banned anyway. Those of you who fear some sort of totalitarian rule on here need to look at whats happend... we asked to see all threads we discussed it and Ferret has given the majority what they wanted.

Sounds like democracy to me.
          Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Working...
          X