Problem with rep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with rep

I think there maybe a problem with the reputation mod. Yesterday I gave rep to Carol when she was already on 1, it didn't go up to 2. Also I can see in my panel I have recieved 4 rep points yet only 1 appears next to my name.

So as far as I can see, it is not possible for the number of rep points to be greater than 1 for a member, despite being given more.

Is there a section in the Admin CP which limits members to 1 point?

(I did have this in the other rep thread but felt it would get more attention with its own thread.)
    You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Mitsuko, I don't think that rep- power (I think Curtis has 10 (doh), Statman and Robert 2, reverse_side 3) and rep points are necessarily connected (at least not additive, you might have to collect lots of rep points + number of posts, etc. in order to increase your rep-power... it takes you 30 posts, if I remember to get from rep-power 0 to 1, after that rep power 1 seems pretty hard to improve on.)

Comment

^That maybe the cause, good point.

I'm on a few other forums that use rep power which does go up 1 point each time. So I assumed that it would be the same. Obviously this might not be the case.
      You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

I just dont know how this works. Would like somebody to explain.
        Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Shouldn't you know RaNeN?
          I guess only Curtis knows the whole story...

Comment

And I am on rep 0..How sad
            Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I think is is based on a factor of 10

10 votes to get to 1, then another 10 to get to 2, etc...

Comment

I thought so....but wasnt sure.
                Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by Curtis
                  I think is is based on a factor of 10

10 votes to get to 1, then another 10 to get to 2, etc...
                  I'm not sure I follow that. For instance, my rep power is 1 but I have more than 20 rep points.
                  "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
                  David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

I was wrong about the 10 factor - it looks like it is set to 100.

There are 2 part to this, the rep points and the rep power. The rep power is the green box value. Reputation is actually a complicated algorithm calculated based on the following settings:

Default Reputation
                    What reputation level shall new users receive upon registration? Make sure that you have a reputation level that is at least equal to or less than this value.
                    Value: 10

Number of Reputation Ratings to Display
                    Controls how many ratings to display in the user's control panel.
                    Value: 5

Register Date Factor
                    For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
                    Value: 365

Post Count Factor
                    For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
                    Value: 1000

Reputation Point Factor
                    For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
                    Value: 100

Minimum Post Count
                    How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?
                    Value: 50

Minimum Reputation Count
                    How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
                    How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

Reputation User Spread
                    How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit.
                    Value: 20

Comment

Thanks Curtis

Comment

Thanks, that cleared it up

Comment

Looks pretty hard to get the dots. Can you also go red on this site? With negative reps?

Comment

And why am I on 0??

Comment

Look now

Comment

Working...
                              X