really slow page load up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really slow page load up?

every time i click onto a new page its seems to take an age to load up? i have disabled sigs to see if that help but its no better.

it says something about javascript in the bottom left if thats a clue for anyone.

its really annoying tbh, it doesnt do this on any other site.
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

probably all the bloody adverts....
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

suppose there is no way to stop it then?

Comment

what web browser you using?

Is it only slow on snookerforum or all websites?

Have you cleared you temp inet files / history?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
          suppose there is no way to stop it then?
          Have you tried updating your browser, or using a different one? If you're using Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome instead. I know you said that you were not having this problem on any other sites, but I was having a little trouble here a few weeks ago, and updating Firefox to the latest version fixed the problem.

I presume you're using a Windows based PC?

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I use an old mac with firefox and this site has always been painfully slow, I usually hav to wait 30 to 60sec every time I click the mouse and new pages well a good time to make a coffee or do the laundry. This is probably the worst site for speed but best for interest so I put up with it. The slowness is all part of a conspiracy to make us buy new computers. Hope I'm wrong and somebody has a better explanation. Thanks mellow yellow for your post I thought I was the only one growing old waiting for the next page to load.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
              what web browser you using?

Is it only slow on snookerforum or all websites?

Have you cleared you temp inet files / history?
              just this site, very frustrating.
              auto clears on shutdown so that is fine also

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              Have you tried updating your browser, or using a different one? If you're using Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome instead. I know you said that you were not having this problem on any other sites, but I was having a little trouble here a few weeks ago, and updating Firefox to the latest version fixed the problem.

I presume you're using a Windows based PC?

-
              Its a works pc so i cant mess about with the browser, i use chrome at home but out lappy is knackered so i have nothing to compare it with now either.

Originally Posted by cuebru View Post
              I use an old mac with firefox and this site has always been painfully slow, I usually hav to wait 30 to 60sec every time I click the mouse and new pages well a good time to make a coffee or do the laundry. This is probably the worst site for speed but best for interest so I put up with it. The slowness is all part of a conspiracy to make us buy new computers. Hope I'm wrong and somebody has a better explanation. Thanks mellow yellow for your post I thought I was the only one growing old waiting for the next page to load.
              lol yeah i agree.... sometimes it is worth waiting for the page to load, others it isnt :-)

it seems to me like the ads at the top are slowing it down?

Comment

Working...
              X