Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts not appearing

Hey!
    I made two posts during the night/morning of Friday. One in the newbie thread introducing myself and one about snooker photography. Neither have appeared.

A message came up saying that they needed to be approved by a moderator and that hasn't seemed to have happened. I was wondering if there was a mix up somewhere?

Did you by any chance put links in the posts to other sites ??? that could be a reason, as it thinks your a spammer

Comment

No.

When I posted both it said that the posts would have to be approved my a moderator, so maybe they just got missed in amongst other new posts.

Comment

You haven't got a posting history yet, so posts do get approved by a Mod... and I guess no Mods have been online since you posted. once you're established posts will appear immediately without approval.

Comment

Ok. I thought a mod would have been on at some point during Friday so I was worried that they were filtered out somewhere.

I'll continue to wait.

Comment

Has it really been a case that no mod has been on since last Thursday evening?

Even then a post from somebody with zero previous posts appeared on Sunday morning in the newbie thread. http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...234#post690234

If there have been mods on is there a chance my posts were flagged by something in the forum software somewhere?

Comment

This is completely ridiculous. Admins are answering other questions and I haven't heard a thing.

Comment

Just try again mate, it will be easier

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Just try again mate, it will be easier
                  I typed up another introduction post, and it hasn't appeared again. Other introduction posts have appeared a few hours after I wrote mine. Funnily enough the guy who wrote it is from the same place as me.

Comment

If you look over on the left side bar on the home page you will see that we have 28,000 members with on average 90 members and 200 guests online at any one time so posts may take rme to get approved by myself or a moderator.

I will have a look into your threads now but please be patient around 3,000 posts get moderated every week and sometime it can take awhile if you are a new member especially if your username, IP address or email address is flagged by our anti spam database.

Comment

I can appreciate that it takes time for posts to get actively approved by a moderator. However it took over a week for my posts to appear, and if I hadn't made this thread I am unsure if they ever would have. I did ask if my posts were flagged by some forum software. I imagine that was the case seeing as a good few moderator approved posts appeared from after I had posted, especially as posts appear with the time they were initially submitted.

Please don't take this as me complaining. I understand how forums work and have voluntarily moderated forums and ran websites as large as this myself so I appreciate things get overlooked and lost in the general business of things. I was however worried about moderating software when posts that had been submitted after me started appearing.

Comment

Your post has appeared in the photography thread you just posted in......

So I would imagine you shouldn't have any problems posting any up now bud.
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                          Your post has appeared in the photography thread you just posted in......

So I would imagine you shouldn't have any problems posting any up now bud.
                          I saw that coomsey, thanks!

I don't want to appear unappreciative. I was just worried I got lost somewhere amongst the interweb gears.

Comment

I have the same problem that Miles reports. If it's just a case of a moderator getting round to it, then fine, I can be patient, but like Miles I'm concerned that somehow my posts are getting lost in a black hole - those carefully crafted words going to waste!

Comment

Mmm. I've sat in the background, reading threads and taking it all in. Ordered a cue from a member on here as a result. Made one post in the meantime, but moderation has meant that my post is still sat in the same black hole. I understand the spamming problem, but I'd like it if I can be removed from any "not sure about this one" list. I would like to engage in debate in some threads at some stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X