Everything marked as read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything marked as read

As of lately I've been having problems with the read/unread posts function. Everything is perfectly normal when I log in, with yellow little dots telling me where to go, but as soon as I open the first thread with unread posts in it, everything gets marked as read. Funny thing is that this doesn't happen every time, it's all very random.

Does anyone else have the same problem? I mean, with the amount of posts here every day it is quite handy that the new ones are clearly marked.
    Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

I have been having similar problems, but not identical.

The ones in bold, i.e. which contain posts that you have not read, stay bold even when the only post I supposedly haven't read is one that I wrote!

If you go to your user panel, though, there is a list of all the threads you've contributed to, which have new posts.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maija
      As of lately I've been having problems with the read/unread posts function. Everything is perfectly normal when I log in, with yellow little dots telling me where to go, but as soon as I open the first thread with unread posts in it, everything gets marked as read. Funny thing is that this doesn't happen every time, it's all very random.

Does anyone else have the same problem? I mean, with the amount of posts here every day it is quite handy that the new ones are clearly marked.

have you tried logging out and deleting your cookies, then logging in and trying again?

Comment

I always only use the front page to check which messages are new. And that one only lets me down if I view the page from two different computers. When I leave home and I leave all threads marked as read, when I get to work, all the ones I've read at home are unread again. But that makes sense because my cookies aren't transferred from home to work.
        "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Sometimes I check every single thread that has new posts, till nothing is in bold, and then I log out and when I get back on all the read threads appear as unread again.
          So I log out and clear my cookies like Semih suggested, and everything is back to normal again!

Comment

do the fonts work on here?

Comment

Working...
            X