Log out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log out

Seems the logging out is not working for me, when I try to log out, it shows the screen that says all cookies have been cleared, but when I go to the forum index page, I am still logged in. The only change is that all posts that haven't been read yet are shown as read. It was working for me before. Anything wrong with my comp or the forum?
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

I thought I was the only one!
    Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Click the log out button then refresh the page if that doesn't work goto your cookie folder and delete all of thesnookerforum.com cookies.

IE users your cookie folder is here - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Cookies

FireFox users click Tools/Options select the Privacy tab and click Show Cookies

Comment

Thank you ferret. Does that mean I have to delete forum cookies manually each time I want to log out?
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

If there is a problem with the site not ammending your cookie when you log out yeah I guess so until Curtis fixes it!!

I would say though that its not a major problem, I keep logged in all the time........Here is how your cookies work

When you login and select keep logged in the forum will place a cookie onto your computer the cookie will hold several bits of information like your username and password. Your password will be encrypted like 1tree1 will be something like 8ejens5eke98sh3lsudhri48dn so when you come back to the site, the forum reads this cookie and say oh look there's April madness lets look at his password, it then takes that password hash and compaires it with the one stored in its database, if they match you are logged back in.

So its not a major problem not logging out

Comment

Yes, that's ok, I just sometimes don't want to be shown online when I actually am not (I think it's set that cookie expires after an hour of inactivity)
            ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

I never log out myself. I just stay logged in forever! It is my destiny! :-)
              "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

LOL elvaago, seems the forum doesn't want to let me go
                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

We'd miss you too much, April Madness, that has nothing to do with your birthday or your name!
                  "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

LOL elvaago
                    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Exactly the opposite with me. I was browsing The Statman's archive and it booted me out. Twice.
                      S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

Working...
                      X