Can't Embed Youtube Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Embed Youtube Clips

I've tried every method I know of, but youtube clips flatly refuse to embed in the post.

I know it's possible as I've found other posts with embedded youtube clips. I even tried looking at the code in these posts, by hitting the quote button, but even when I copy & paste the format, it still won't embed.

Any help appreciated.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

I feel your pain Billy,I've given up on pics and videos now as I've ran out of tramadol
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      I feel your pain Billy,I've given up on pics and videos now as I've ran out of tramadol

If admin have removed the feature, then please at least tell us so we can stop wasting our time trying to embed videos.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

test

test video clip

Comment

mine seems to work. Talk ( write ) through what you're doing.

Comment

I've tried them all, billabong.

I've tried just pasting the URL (without tags).

I've tried the URL between various tags [media] [video] [youtube]

I've tried youtube's embedd code.

And now I'm going to try copying and pasting your method.

Mmmmmmmmm

And now my own clip, using your method.

Well that's odd. I swear I already tried this method. Although I did have to remove a '&' from the end of the 11-digit ID code.

Thank you
            Last edited by Billy; 13 May 2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

So explain this.

I've just copy and pasted that same code (for the snooker sim clip) into this thread: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...PC-Coming-Soon!

And it didn't work ??

Comment

test

end of test

Comment

I think I've cracked it!

the forum allows videos to be embedded in some sub-forums but not in others ... there's an easy way to tell if you will be allowed to embed a video in your post ... as you're writing or editing your post there's a line of options immediately above the text you're entering (with bold, underline, font etc on it) - if there is a little filmstrip on that line, you are allowed to embed a video - hovering over it will say "insert video" and clicking on it will allow you to enter the video ...

it there isn't a little filmstrip, you can't embed videos, only link to them ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                    I think I've cracked it!

the forum allows videos to be embedded in some sub-forums but not in others ... there's an easy way to tell if you will be allowed to embed a video in your post ... as you're writing or editing your post there's a line of options immediately above the text you're entering (with bold, underline, font etc on it) - if there is a little filmstrip on that line, you are allowed to embed a video - hovering over it will say "insert video" and clicking on it will allow you to enter the video ...

it there isn't a little filmstrip, you can't embed videos, only link to them ...
                    Ahhh! That would explain why I couldn't find said 'film strip' when I first encountered the problem. I knew I'd seen the option, but presumed it must have been on another forum.

I suppose it's a way to prevent heavy loads on the forum.

Anyway, looks like you cracked it. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah this option is only available for some parts of the forum, basically the most used parts, think I changed it because we were getting some spammers in some parts just posting video adverts by disabling it in those parts of the forum which the virtual games was a big one we stopped this type of spam.

By only enabling it on the busy parts it is also pretty much self moderating too as I am guaranteed to get someone to hit the report post button.

Comment

Fairy Nuff.

Makes sense.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X