Problem to change email adress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem to change email adress

I post this same text few days ago in newbies & introductions section. I got answer that I should ask same question in here.

So here it is: I have a problem. I tried to change the e-mail address. I managed to changed it but I can't read conversations anymore. I can't anymore see my account. I put the administrator an email but I have not been answered. I had no other choice than to make a new user account. Do anyone have similar problem?

I changed my email adress last Friday and problem is still on.

Have you had any help with this yet Thomas?

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Unfortunately no one has answered me

Comment

Sorry about that Thomas. I've sent ADR147 a PM hopefully he'll be able to sort you out. I was going to PM ferret, under who's name it says "TSF technical support" but there is no "Private Message" link under his name any more, very helpful.

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Ok. Thank you for helping me!

Comment

I have also sent an enquiry, maybe Ferret is required to do this techie stuff still and he may be away or something?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              I have also sent an enquiry, maybe Ferret is required to do this techie stuff still and he may be away or something?
              Fair enough, but is there no one else that can do this sort of thing in his absence? And I don't understand why we can't PM him any more, he IS technical support after all.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

As far as I know he is still the Tech Support still for TSF, and still the only person who can do the high admin functions.
                But that may have all changed, just because marked as a Mod, does not give access to the owners and the movements at 'head office'

Comment

But people like Wily can be banned on a wim in 24hrs and all their threads wiped but there is no way of changing a registered email in over a week, the same week that included erasing Wiley? Seriously?

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                    But people like Wily can be banned on a wim in 24hrs and all their threads wiped but there is no way of changing a registered email in over a week, the same week that included erasing Wiley? Seriously?
                    and that obvious spam thread not closed and banned; as I say, don't know either

Comment

seriously indeed. ferret is still the puppet master!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        Have you contacted him about these issues at all? Can you contact him?

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          Have you contacted him about these issues at all? Can you contact him?

-
                          i am trying to get it fixed.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Quote from Wity....

So it was the Weasel who banned me was it?

Not surprised. Dictators never go easily.

Comment

First off this is the first I have heard of this.

Originally Posted by Thomas Of Finland View Post
                              I post this same text few days ago in newbies & introductions section. I got answer that I should ask same question in here.

So here it is: I have a problem. I tried to change the e-mail address. I managed to changed it but I can't read conversations anymore. I can't anymore see my account. I put the administrator an email but I have not been answered. I had no other choice than to make a new user account. Do anyone have similar problem?

I changed my email adress last Friday and problem is still on.
                              Sorry but your problem makes no sense, you can not read conversation but you can read this one? please clarify what exactly you are having problems with.

Tech stuff not moderating, managing or running the forum.

Website goes down - that me
                              Page loading slow - thats me
                              problem posting on the forum - thats not me
                              need something moderated - thats not me

As far as I know he is still the Tech Support still for TSF, and still the only person who can do the high admin functions.
                              But that may have all changed, just because marked as a Mod, does not give access to the owners and the movements at 'head office'
                              I hold a admin account to do menial techy stuff only like optimising the database and keeping an eye on server load speeds etc the new owners have a Admin account also which has not been logged into since the day after I created it for them.

Wity is a disruptive little %$£$% so yes I stepped in when I received a email saying he way back, I have not been told that the forum rules have changed since I set them up so I was just following the moderation rules of the forum and I banned a previously banned member.

and that obvious spam thread not closed and banned; as I say, don't know either
                              Not seen anyone report a spam thread! maybe click the report button and someone will deal with it, all moderators have the powers to do this.

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              Incorrect.

To all the moderators, there is a moderators ONLY section on the forum (Click the button that says forum and scroll down to private) ask me any moderation questions in there and I will enlighten you

If anybody has sent a email through the contact us button on the forum and not received a reply then please ask a moderator and they will contact the site owners and ask them to answer your email, I do not have access to this email address so I can not help you.

Comment

Working...
                              X