Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for login at random junctures

Does anyone else have this problem?

Every so often I will click a button – sometimes the homepage, sometimes to reply to a thread, sometimes to visit a forum, and it will ask me to log in even though I already am!

It is getting a touch annoying, I must say!

It happens about every 20 or 30 movements within TSF (but never, as yet, when entering TSF for the first time in a session)

Yes, it does happen at one of my computers. It logs me off randomly. And moreover, when I log on to the index page with latest posts list, it still shows as I am not logged on, but when I open the forum list, I am logged on.
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

yes, have to say, happened more than usual for me today...
      especially annoying when trying to send out PMs and losing those after having to log in again...

Comment

I've noticed it happens less often when you check "keep me logged in" option (and actually it does not log me in at all when I don't check that option).
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

The same happens to me occasionaly as well. Sometimes When I try to log back in I enter username/password and nothing happens. When I already have to juggle 40+ username/passwords at work I could do without it
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

It's probably got to do with your cookies settings. I would guess your cookies are set to time out after about 20-30 minutes.
            "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness
              Yes, it does happen at one of my computers. It logs me off randomly. And moreover, when I log on to the index page with latest posts list, it still shows as I am not logged on, but when I open the forum list, I am logged on.
              same thing happens to me...

Comment

Maybe, although they shouldn't time out while browsing. I've also known this site to get confused when old versions of cookies are still present. You could try manually clearing all of your TSF cookies (let me know what brower you use if you need instructions for this). Failing that it'll be something else for ferret to look at.

Personally I haven't experienced anything like this.

Comment

I have experienced this also both on Internet Explorer 6 and on Safari. I have the feeling - no stats actually - that it happens often after looking at the gallery or ar the members list (what's the relationship? don't ask me!)

And another irritating behaviour is the recurrent failure to open the private messages after you are prompted by the pop-up window!
                  Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                  http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

I have not had a problem with this at all but I keep myself logged in and I also use FireFox, I think this may be a Internet Explorer problem!!!

As Robert has said clear your cookies this will 99% of the time solve this problem.

Comment

Ferret, I have the same behaviour on Safari (on MacOS X). So it's not just an IE problem ...
                      Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                      http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Oh one thing though, when you have cleared your cookies close all of your browser windows then reopen one and then log into the forum!!! if you just clear our cookies then try to log back in then the new cookies will be writen from the old session variables form before you cleared the cookies and the problem will not be solved

Comment

well yes, the logging off for me is when I use IE. but another problem - and also with IE - is that it doesn't log me out even if I want it! well, I stopped trying, but I guess it shows it can be both ways
                          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Off topic: April, Surely being great in bed means its inevitable you'll fall out of it!!!
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler
                              Off topic: April, Surely being great in bed means its inevitable you'll fall out of it!!!
                              Off topic 2: Then I'm considering to be great on the floor too, what else?
                              ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Working...
                              X