Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery – couple of points

Firstly, this should be simple!

Could we have, under the heading "Tournaments", a couple of new galleries, i.e. UK and Grand Prix.

Secondly, have been having a couple of troubles today:

Uploading, say, six images on the first page, then go through them all adding titles and captions, one presses the "Continue" button to go on to the next one.

This has numerous times taken me back to the front page where one selects the images.

Fortunately by pressing the Back button and Continue again, it has eventually followed through, but it is obviously not behaving as it should.

Yeah I will add the other galleries and look into this continue button taking you to the front page!!

I am just uploading all of the images from the previous image gallery and Rob will be putting the old images into the new gallery.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
      I am just uploading all of the images from the previous image gallery and Rob will be putting the old images into the new gallery.
      No pressure then . I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to do it yet since they're very different systems but without making any guarantees I think it should be doable.

There is one problem though - following the unexpected deletion of TSF's account on an old server we've lost the caption and comment information for images posted between 9/9/07 and the old gallery being removed in early December. We still have the images, filenames, dates and can work out who they belong to so I'll be able to do something with them. I'm not sure how many there are of those yet.

As for the continue button problem I'd guess it's because the upload session times out while you're typing in the captions. Does that sound plausible TS? If so I'll look into extending the timer when I next get a chance if Kev hasn't fixed it first.

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert602 View Post
        As for the continue button problem I'd guess it's because the upload session times out while you're typing in the captions. Does that sound plausible TS? If so I'll look into extending the timer when I next get a chance if Kev hasn't fixed it first.
        I wouldn't have thought so as I was typing pretty quickly and it didn't happen EVERY time. Hitting "Back" and then reclicking "Continue" (the text I'd put in was, thankfully, retained) did do it (third or fourth time lucky on occasion).

Comment

I've managed restore the pictures from the old gallery into the new one. 350 pictures went through smoothly with titles, descriptions and comments preserved. For the remaining (and most recent) 81 though I've had to manually enter titles and descriptions with only the photo itself and filename to go on, so my apologies if I've mislabelled any. Feel free to correct them - I think members are able to edit their own images.

TS - I've added the missing galleries. I'll have a look at this uploading problem now, hopefully I'll be able to reproduce the error.

Update: I've tried TS but haven't been able to reproduce your problem. I've just uploaded 30 images in groups of 5 and 10 without issue (how frequent is the problem for you?). It may be something particular to your situation (such as picture format and size), or it may even be that I've fixed the problem accidentally with other changes today. If it happens again could you please note down the filenames of the two pictures involved (the one you're moving from and the one you expect to be moving to), that would be helpful. Thanks, and sorry for the difficulties.
          Last edited by Robert602; 8 April 2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert602 View Post
            TS - I've added the missing galleries. I'll have a look at this uploading problem now, hopefully I'll be able to reproduce the error.
            I tried this earlier but could not reproduce the problem!

Comment

Working...
            X