'Last page' link doesn't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Last page' link doesn't work?

Just like to report a bug I've encountered. Sorry if it's already been mentioned. When I click the last page of a thread on the index page, I'm taken to the first post/page of that thread instead of the last.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Similar problem with me, for about a year now. Although the "last page" works, if there are only 2 or 3 pages, they all take you to page 1.

Comment

It works fine for me. Am using IE.
      "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

IE here too... odd.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

in firefox it doesn't work

Comment

Anyone else still having this problem? It's been there for a long time now. Let me try to explain...

If you click on a sub forum, for example "Snooker News", you get a list of threads. There are three types, it looks like this:

Humphries to referee first final
            The ones that only have one page of discussion. You click on the title, and it opens the first and only page of the thread.

Snooker Scene Podcasts!!!! (1 2)
            Peter Ebdon 2009 UK Championships. (1 2 3)
            These are the ones that have up to three. If you click on the title, it takes you to page 1. If you click on the numbers, they take you to page 1 as well. Obviously number 2 should take you to page 2, and number 3 should take you to page 3.

Higgins blasts "pathetic" World Snooker (1 2 3 ... Last Page)
            And finally the ones with more than three pages. All numbers take you to page 1, but the "Last Page" link does seem to work. It takes you to the last page whether that's 4 or 27.

When you do open a thread you can use the links to different pages above the first post, and below the last post of the page. It works as it should.

One more thing to mention... You can alter the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" setting in the "Thread Display Options". This problem occurs when I "Use Forum Default".

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is having this problem. I've got used to it by now.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed report Odrl, I rarely browse the forum that way so hadn't noticed. The problem you describe should now be fixed - not sure if it's the same thing Billy was talking about originally though.

Comment

Ah yes, it works perfectly now. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Working...
                X