how come? or is that just how the forum works

I can edit and view others profiles

Maybe your account is denied certain privelages

Comment

why though :s......

Comment

Here's the reason

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
        First of all I have now stopped the use of the private message system to member with less than 10 contributing posts, I hope that this will stop PM spamming and stop people registering just so they can message there mate's!!!!! you know what I mean.

At some point this evening a script will be run on the database and the top 700 members on the site will be scrutinised! by this I mean their IP address will be checked against the over members on the forum for sock puppet accounts, 9/10 times sock puppet accounts are held by the most active members on forums.

So if you do have a sock puppet account you have till midnight tonight to contact me and give me your sock puppet account details and give me a really good explanation as to why you have a sock puppet account and if you can not give me a good enough explenation both accounts will be deleted and your IP will be banned from the forum by the scrip and this is irreversible. I know of atleast 3 people who will be contacting be before midnight.

Over the next 6 weeks I will be sending out a number of newsletters to the member base, after this time any members who have not logged into the forum for more that 1 year will be deleted from the database. We are doing this to get more accurate figures on active members and to try and decrease the size of the TSF database.

ferret

Comment

Possibly because you are a new member and i know there have been changes to rules regarding people with lower than 10 posts
          sigpic <---New Website
          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

me 2 ,can't use PM too

Comment

Originally Posted by garyng147 View Post
              me 2 ,can't use PM too
              garyng147,

You have sent more than 10 posts. Why couldn't you send PM yet?

Comment

bit of a silly rule to have 10 posts but oh well, rules are rules

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
                  bit of a silly rule to have 10 posts but oh well, rules are rules
                  Not that silly, because that rule is against spam in PM, there have been cases of spam content sent in PMs earlier. Of course, it feels a bit strange, but you are on forum and are supposed to post something from time to time
                  ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness View Post
                    Not that silly, because that rule is against spam in PM, there have been cases of spam content sent in PMs earlier. Of course, it feels a bit strange, but you are on forum and are supposed to post something from time to time
                    hmm yea i suppose so but then again it is inconvenient for those who are browsing and then need to use pm XD

Comment

Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
                      garyng147,

You have sent more than 10 posts. Why couldn't you send PM yet?
                      I can use it now

Comment

oh ,need to increase my post

Comment

Originally Posted by cyrusbobo View Post
                          oh ,need to increase my post
                          me too (sorry moderators, but the new forum rules are forcing me to post anything in order to regain members privileges that I lost these days due to malicious guys around here).

Comment

Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
                            me too (sorry moderators, but the new forum rules are forcing me to post anything in order to regain members privileges that I lost these days due to malicious guys around here).
                            umm, how about posting not just anything but about snooker (or cues, or whatever made you register on a snooker forum)? is that really that hard?
                            ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

April madness,

I must agree with you, nothing explain a guy registered on TSF has nothing to talk about snooker.

But you must agree with me that people have different behaviors when they are part of a group. Some are more prolific speakers, others feel more comfortable only following the discussion.

Almost every day I'm checking what people are talking here. In a day I could spend a long time reading the posts, in another I only give a quick check on thread subjects. This way TSF has been invaluable to me for a long time (probably before jul/2007, when I registered my account here). I could be called as anything except as an inactive member of TSF.

You are a very popular person here in the forum, and I really appreciate it, but it's very hard to me achieve this level of interaction with other people (I know you didn't ask me this) because snooker scene here in Brazil is quite different from that discussed on the forum, so sometimes I feel like a fish out of the water, if you know what I mean.

So, hardly ever you will see I'll talking about a subject that I have more to learn than to give my opinion (sorry, if it's confusing!)

Besides that, as you can see my english skills are very poor (sorry about it) and I don't like to injury in anyway someone's native language.

Finally, if you would like to know my humble opinion about brazilian snooker scene give a look here (#4 post).

Thanks for all your motivation and hope you understand my point of view.

Comment

Working...
                              X