German Player on the Main tour 2010/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Player on the Main tour 2010/2011

Patrick Einsle (as well as Igor Figueirado) has recieved a wildcard for the upcomming Snookerseason. It's very good news for Snooker in Germany and all the German Snookerfans!

Patrick Einsle (wie auch Igor Figueirado) hat eine Wildcard für die anstehende Snookersaison erhalten. Das sind sehr gute Neuigkeiten für Snooker in Deutschland und alle deutschen Snookerfans!

Quelle:
    http://www.snookermania.de/

There are better players far more deserving of a wildcard in my opinion,,but good luck to them

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
      There are better players far more deserving of a wildcard in my opinion,,but good luck to them
      yes i am not a fan of country by country nominations that way it keeps better players off the tour just because they ware born english where the pool is far bigger.

i know its nice to get players of all nationality but suerly we want the cream of players in the world to play pro snooker.

Comment

Best of luck to them..
        Only time will tell who is capable for the main tour!
        I watched Patrick in the EuroChamps and he is really good.
        He lost to Roy Fernandez in the last 32 who also beat Kurt Maflin only to loose in the semis to Roy Stork, the event's runner up.
        Cheers!
        Last edited by snookergr; 12 June 2010, 03:11 PM.
        :snooker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnqd...4&feature=plcp

Comment

Originally Posted by snookergr View Post
          Best of luck to them..
          Only time will tell who is capable for the main tour!
          I watched Patrick in the EuroChamps and he is really good.
          He lost to Roy Fernandez in the last 32 who also beat Kurt Maflin only to loose in the semis from Roy Stork the event's runner up.
          Cheers!
          yes im not saying patrick isnt good im sure he is but suerly theres a better way to qualify rather than domestic nomination.

Comment

true......snooker is getting really big in Germany so........maybe there is some politics into that nomination ..... anyways.... I reckon we all like to watch other countries joining the main tour :-)
            :snooker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnqd...4&feature=plcp

Comment

Originally Posted by snookergr View Post
              true......snooker is getting really big in Germany so........maybe there is some politics into that nomination ..... anyways.... I reckon we all like to watch other countries joining the main tour :-)
              Seems like the englishmen don´t. As snooker is getting so great in Germany, it´s fine that he gets a chance. Igor is german based as well, and offcause the first south american player on the tour.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                Seems like the englishmen don´t. As snooker is getting so great in Germany, it´s fine that he gets a chance. Igor is german based as well, and offcause the first south american player on the tour.
                did i say i didnt ?

btw im not english

anyway all im saying is it could be unlucky on english players that are better than him but i do think it is right to get other nationalities into the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                  Igor is the first Brazilian pro but not the first South american pro.
                  Janie Watkins
                  On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                  All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

well all that was said here about politics behind Patrick's nomination may be true, but as a German (please forgive me) it is cool for me to actually have the chance to see a player from my country on the main tour so... Hurra politics

Comment

Maybe we have to look at things in a broader perspective, wildJONESEYE: expanding the snooker market will prove beneficial to all players, British included.

Congrats to Patrick and Igor!
                      I wonder whom will the Asian Association nominate...
                      Last edited by Mignon; 13 June 2010, 09:49 AM.
                      Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
                      Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

It's not politics, it's Marketing.
                        Janie Watkins
                        On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                        All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Originally Posted by globalsnooker View Post
                          It's not politics, it's Marketing.
                          no doubt about that and it does make sense but you got to feel a bit sorry for english players banging their head against a brick wall in getting on pro tour year after year after year.

Comment

Patrick had already reveiced a wildcard some years ago and didn't take the chance. I'm sorry to say that, but I'm not convinced that he will stay on the tour this time.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                              no doubt about that and it does make sense but you got to feel a bit sorry for english players banging their head against a brick wall in getting on pro tour year after year after year.
                              Maybe, but not really. Those players have been around the greatest players and greatest coaches since they were little children. What more could they want?

They had a big head start over someone from Germany like Patrick, let alone over someone like that Igor guy from Brazil who played on 10ft tables.

Comment

Working...
                              X